Software Installation - How To
How to deploy Netbeans versions 6 and 7?
This document provides steps required to deploy Netbeans to multiple computers using Desktop Central.
To deploy Netbeans 6 or 7, follow the steps given below:
- Create a common network share to store the required installable file. Network share is recommended only while you wanted to deploy the software to computers within the network. If you wanted to deploy Netbeans to computers located in a remote location, you can use HTTP upload.
Note: The network share should have read permissions to Everyone in the group and should be accessible from all the computers to which you are trying to install.
- Download the netbeans EXE from the following URL: https://netbeans.org/downloads/
- You would need to install netbeans manually in one computer to record the steps, which could then be used to deploy in multiple computers.
- Open a command prompt and run the setup file with this command "<folder_path>\netbeans-7.4-windows.exe --record state.xml"
- Follow the installation wizard to complete the installation.
- Upon successful installation, the installation steps will be recorded in state.xml located in the same directory as the EXE file.
- Copy this state.xml to the network share created in step 1
- Add the package in Desktop Central
- Click the Software Deployment tab
- Click Add Package
- Select the MSIEXEC/EXE/ISS/Command package type
- Specify a name for the application
- Specify the Installation Command with Switches/Arguments as below:
<Network Share>\netbeans-7.4-windows.exe --silent --state <Folder_Path>\state.xml
- Click Add Package
- Deploy to target computers
- Select the package that you added
- Click Install/Uninstall Software
- Enter a name and description for the configuration
- Define the package settings
- Configure the deployment settings
- Choose the target computers
- Specify the schedule options, if required
- Click Deploy
You have deployed Netbeans.