Software Installation - How To
How to deploy SSH Secure Client?
This document provides steps required to deploy SSH Secure Client to multiple computers using Desktop Central.
To deploy SSH Secure Client, follow the steps given below:
- Create a common network share to store the required installable file. Network share is recommended only while you wanted to deploy the software to computers within the network. If you wanted to deploy SSH Secure Client to computers located in a remote location, you can use HTTP upload.
Note: The network share should have read permissions to Everyone in the group and should be accessible from all the computers to which you are trying to install.
- Download the SSH Secure Client EXE from the following URL: http://www.ohlone.edu/org/webcenter/sftptutorial/windowssftp-downloadinstall.html
- You would need to install SSH client manually in one computer to record the steps in an iss file, which could then be used to deploy in multiple computers.
- Extract the content of the EXE using winzip or 7-zip to a temporary directory.
- In the extracted location you will find a setup.exe file under Disk1 directory.
- Open a command prompt and run the setup file with this command "Disk1\Setup.exe -r"
- Follow the installation wizard to complete the installation.
- Upon successful installation, the installation steps will be recorded in an iss file at C:\windows\setup.iss
- Copy this setup.iss to the network share created in step 1
- Add the package in Desktop Central
- Click the Software Deployment tab
- Click Add Package
- Select the MSIEXEC/EXE/ISS/Command package type
- Specify a name for the application
- Specify the Installation Command with Switches/Arguments as below:
<Network Share>\SSHClient\Disk1\Setup.exe -s -f1 "<Folder_Path>\setup.iss"
- Click Add Package
- Deploy to target computers
- Select the package that you added
- Click Install/Uninstall Software
- Enter a name and description for the configuration
- Define the package settings
- Configure the deployment settings
- Choose the target computers
- Specify the schedule options, if required
- Click Deploy
You have deployed SSH Secure Client