README for Hotfix to Desktop Central 8
Enhancements and Bug Fixes between 80226 and 80234
- Desktop Central now supports patch management for Mac operating system and applications.
- Desktop Central will now have a new theme for the UI to bring consistency across all products from ManageEngine.
- In Inventory, under Configure Prohibited Software section, computer names listed under exclusion list is now sorted.
- Automatic patch management can now be scheduled to be perfomed only once.
- A new filter has been introduced to sort configurations by category.
- A new template has been introduced to Disable Automatic Delivery of Internet Explorer 10
- Maximum number of patches that could be deployed from Missing Patches view has been increased to 1000 from the earlier 500.
- Issue in removing the corporate data (corporate wipe) from devices has been fixed.
- Issue in using Search option under Configuration Reports View has been fixed.
- Issue in generating scheduled reports has been fixed.
- Issue in generating Custom reports based on Warranty and Shipping date has been fixed.
- While a configuration is in progress and the user tries to reboot/shutdown the computer, an error message will be displayed. Issue in displaying the "Ok" button in the error message has been fixed.
- Issue in rebooting computers after deployment of patch/software while the user is inactive has been fixed.
- Issue in searching the local group members under inventory reports section has been fixed.
- Issue in fetching Warranty date under inventory section has been fixed.
- While creating help desk tickets from agent tray icon, issue in displaying special characters in the subject line has been fixed.
- Issue in displaying a login screen when you run Desktop Central integrated with ServiceDesk Plus has been fixed.
- Issue in initiating agent deployment of computers added in SoM when the Windows OS version could not be retrieved has been fixed.
- Issue in installing the hotfix when MS SQL is used as the backend database has been fixed.
Enhancements and Bug Fixes between 80215 and 80226
- USB Audit, a new feature, has been added to audit the usage of USB devices in the network.
- A new profile to configure the Access Point has been added for iOS devices.
- Ability to restrict the access of data based on its ratings has been included for iOS devices.
- Patch Scanning has been optimized to reduce the CPU/memory usage and scanning time.
- Patch Deployment has been optimized
- System Manager, a new feature, is added to view the currently running process and services of remote computers.
- SoM policy is enhanced with options to sync only the modified data and sync all data.
- You will now be able to query the Postgres database used by Desktop Central programatically.
- Query Report has been enhanced to fetch reports for the current month.
- You will now be able to customize the email content for Enrollment and App Distribution notifications.
- ServiceDesk Plus can now share the warranty information from Desktop Central inventory in integrated mode.
- Now, software configurations can be installed/uninstalled using logged on user's privilege.
- Issue in deploying patches to a "dynamic custom group" has been fixed
- Issue in showing a long number for the "Next Inventory Scan" in Desktop Central Tray icon has been fixed
- Issue in sending truncated content in a help desk ticket when the content has a colon (':') has been fixed
- Issue in showing duplicate computers in SoM page has been fixed.
- Issue in fetching scheduled report for computers with/without a specific software has been fixed.
- When a configuration is modified and redeployed, the configuration was saved as a draft instead of getting deployed. This has been fixed
- When a custom group is chosen as one of the targets to a configuration, issue in retaining the target when the configuration is modified has been fixed.
- Issue in saving a configuration with failed targets from an existing configuration has been fixed
- Issue while installing the hotfix has been fixed.
- When you have integrated Desktop Central with ServiceDesk Plus, issue in displaying the Software Packages under the Software Deployment tab has been fixed
- While executing batch file in Software Deployment, "incorrect function" issue has been fixed.
- Issue in displaying duplicate printers in Inventory has been fixed.
- Issue in wrongly detecting computers in "Global Exclusion list" under Prohibited Software has been fixed.
- Issue in logging into Desktop Central using Active Directory credentials in specific cases has been fixed.
- Invalid entries found in Desktop Central event message under "Windows Event Viewer" has been fixed.
- Issue in removing an Email or Exchange Active Sync profiles from a device has been fixed.
- Issue in fetching machine type for Lenovo computers to verify the warranty details has been fixed.
- Issue in distributing paid Apps to more than one device has been fixed.
- Issue in removing one of the domains from the target by modifying a deployed patch configuration has been fixed.
- While using Windows XP operating system, issue in not displaying chat window and configuration in progress window has been fixed.
- When a user has logged on to multiple computers, issue in fetching the list of computers has been fixed. Ability to search computers from the list is also added.
- Issue in loading SoM policy page has been fixed.
- Issue in applying cookie settings for Safari browser has been fixed.
Enhancements and Bug Fixes between 80200 and 80214
- Mobile Device Management now supports Android.
- Software details in inventory are enhanced to fetch edition type for MSSQL server and its components.
- Remote Desktop Viewer role will now have full control for Chat.
- Desktop Central agent service now do not require "Allow service to interact with desktop" option be selected.
- New configurations templates for Windows 8 have been added.
- Desktop Central can now automatically assign software as commercial, based on details shared by the user to community.
- Active X Viewer component download location of remote control has been changed to %UserProfile%.
- Issue in transferring files from a remote computer has been fixed.
- Issue in viewing the remote control sessions has been fixed.
- When you have scheduled a software deployment configuration to a custom group, there was as issue in deploying the software when a computer is added to that group after deploying the configuration. This has been fixed.
- Issue with "continue on error" option in File Folder configuration has been fixed.
- Issue while migrating Desktop Central database from MYSQL to MSSQL server 2012 has been fixed.