README for Version 6.0 and above
Service Pack 1 & 2 (Enhancements and Bug Fixes between Build # 60000 and #60200)
- Enhancements on Add Software Package User Interface.
- In software deployment, environment variable support is added for the network paths, pre, post installation scripts. Eg: %ProgramFiles% --> C:\Program Files
- Issue in Scheduled software deployment is fixed.
- Remote Desktop Sharing enhanced to support taking control computers running Windows Vista.
- Support for establishing remote connection from Mozilla has been added.
- Options to send ctrl+alt+del, alt+tab commands to remote computers have been added in Remote Desktop Sharing.
- Options to lock/unlock remote computers and to black-out remote monitors have been added in Remote Desktop Sharing.
- Quick Links and Computer Name are introduced on remote desktop sharing.
- Auto Patch Deployment for Domain environment issues are fixed.
- Patch Scanning issues are fixed.
- The number of Missing Systems shown in the Patch List view differs from the actual number of systems listed for individual selection issue are fixed.
- Scheduled installation is added in Patch deployment configuration.
- Issues related to scheduled patch deployment have been fixed.
- Issues in sending email notifications of scheduled scan and scheduled patch deployment have been fixed.
- Prohibited Software Report is added in Inventory.
- New filter for Category is added in Software view.
- Export PDF option is included In Computer Details of Inventory Management.
- Showing same software in different rows in Manage Software Licenses is fixed.
- Storage Error in Inventory is fixed.
- Memory issues while running asset scan is fixed.
- Remote Shutdown tool has been added.
- Scheduled Remote Shutdown feature is added.
Service Pack Deployment
- Service Pack deployment issues are resolved.
- Issues in Service Pack installation configuration is fixed.
- Windows XP Service Pack 3 scan issues are fixed.
- Registry Settings to support the Default valueName.
- Enable USB drives template is added.
- Metadata version is not updated until the scheduled configurations gets applied. This has been fixed.
- Local User Management configuration issues are fixed.
- Apply always enabled configurations will get applied at every logon, reboot and refresh policy.
Issue in IP Printer configuration is fixed.
- Security Policies modify issues are fixed.
- Disconnecting a particular network drive is introduced in the drive mapping configuration.
- Provision added to delete an already defined message box through message box configuration.
- Option added to apply configurations on every logon/bootup.
- User interface of Security Policies Configuration has been revamped.
- Issue in "Hide from Explorer" in drive mapping configuration is fixed.
- Support for managing computers in WAN included.
- Enhancements on View Configurations User Interface.
- Issue while adding or editing domain details has been fixed.
- Duplication of SoM entries while renaming a computer has been fixed .
- Agent version mismatch in SoM and Inventory s/w details has been fixed.
- While adding/updating a domain, special characters in user name is handled.
- Memory related issues are fixed on agent.
- User Logon issues are fixed.
- Provision made to delete a domain from SoM page.
- Automatic detection of Windows Firewall and adding necessary exceptions (required for Desktop Central server) is handled.
- Overall usability has been improved.
- Issues in creating custom groups have been fixed.
- Log levels for writing system event logs from Desktop Central Agent is made as configurable.
- Getting "RPC Server unavailable" error on remote agent installation has been fixed.
- Tray icon related issues in Vista systems have been fixed.