- Active Directory based Windows 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019 Domain setup.
Note: Windows Domain setup below Windows 2008 is not supported.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 SP1, 2010 SP2, 2010 SP3, 2013, 2016, and 2019.
- You can use RecoveryManager Plus to back up all Exchange Online mailboxes, and SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business sites.
|Number of cores
||6 or more
This requirement varies based on the number of backed-up Active Directory and Azure Active Directory objects, the size of your Exchange (on-premises and online) and Google Workspace mailboxes, SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business sites, and Google Workspace user drives, and the retention period that you set for your backups.
Active Directory and Azure Active Directory backups: 8GB (minimum).
Exchange, Microsoft 365, and Google Workspace backup: RecoveryManager Plus typically compresses backups to a third of their original size. If the total size of the mailboxes, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive for Business sites, and Google Workspace user drives is 1TB, make sure that you have 1TB of free disk space to store the full backup and all subsequent incremental backups.
Note: Make sure that you have downloaded the 64-bit version of RecoveryManager Plus if you wish to backup your Exchange and Microsoft 365 environments.
Before you configure an Exchange environment for backup with RecoveryManager Plus, make sure that you satisfy the prerequisites listed below.
- If you plan to install the product in a system running Windows 7 SP1 or Windows Server 2008, ensure you have Microsoft .NET version 4 and PowerShell version 2 installed in the system.
- To check if Microsoft .NET Framework is installed, open Command Prompt from Run. Enter the following command reg query
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\full" /v version
Check the displayed version. If the version is below 4 or if it’s not installed, install Microsoft .NET Framework 4 from here.
- To check if PowerShell is installed, type PowerShell from Run. If PowerShell is installed, check for its version number by running the command $PSVersionTable.
If the version is below 5.1 or if it’s not installed, install PowerShell V 5.1 from here.
Minimum space required to store backups of Active Directory objects: 2 GB.
- Backups of AD objects (full backups and incremental backups) are stored in the Elasticsearch database that comes bundled with the product.
Minimum space required to store Exchange and Microsoft 365 backups
- This requirement varies based on the number of backed-up Exchange (on-premises and online) mailboxes, the size of your SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business sites, and the retention period that you set for your backups. RecoveryManager Plus typically compresses backups to a third of their original size.
- If the total size of the mailboxes, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive for Business sites is 1TB, make sure that you have 1TB of free disk space to store the full backup and all subsequent incremental backups.
Operating System Requirements
RecoveryManager Plus can be installed and run on the following operating systems (both 32 bit and 64 bit architecture) and versions:
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2008 SP2
- Windows 7 and later
- Windows Vista SP2
Supported Web Browsers
RecoveryManager Plus has been tested to support the following browsers and versions:
- Internet Explorer 8 and later