- Active Directory based Windows 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, and 2016 Domain setup.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 SP1, 2010 SP2, 2010 SP3, 2013, 2016.
- You can use RecoveryManager Plus to back up all Exchange Online mailboxes.
Note: Windows Domain setup below Windows 2008 is not supported.
Active Directory Backup
||2.13 GHz or higher
||2.13 GHz or higher
||8 GB (Minimum) 16 GB (Recommended)
||Depends on the number of mailboxes backed up
Note: Make sure that you have downloaded the 64-bit version of RecoveryManager Plus if you wish to backup your Exchange environment.
Before you configure an Exchange environment for backup with RecoveryManager Plus, make sure that you satisfy the prerequisites listed below.
- If you plan to install the product in a system running Windows 7 SP1 or Windows Server 2008, ensure you have Microsoft .NET version 4 and PowerShell version 2 installed in the system.
- To check if Microsoft .NET Framework is installed, open Command Prompt from Run. Enter the following command reg query
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\full" /v version
Check the displayed version. If the version is below 4 or if it’s not installed, install Microsoft .NET Framework 4 from here.
- To check if PowerShell is installed, type PowerShell from Run. If PowerShell is installed, check for its version number by running the command $PSVersionTable.
If the version is below 2 or if it’s not installed, install PowerShell V 2.0 from here.
Minimum space required to store backups of Active Directory objects: 2 GB.
- Backups of AD objects (full backups and incremental backups) are stored in the Elasticsearch database that comes bundled with the product.
Minimum space required to store Exchange backups
- The required space might vary based on the number of your mailboxes being backed up and your retention policy.
- If the size of the mailboxes being backed up is 10 GB, it is recommended to have 10 GB of storage space.
Operating System Requirements
RecoveryManager Plus can be installed and run on the following operating systems (both 32 bit and 64 bit architecture) and versions:
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2008 SP2
- Windows 8 and later
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista SP2
Supported Web Browsers
RecoveryManager Plus has been tested to support the following browsers and versions:
- Internet Explorer 8 and later
To backup and restore AD data from a domain, RecoveryManager Plus requires the credentials of an administrator from the same domain. To perform password recoveries, the admin should also be a member of the Enterprise administrators group in that domain.