Welcome to ManageEngine Desktop Central - an easy-to- install, ready-to-use product that eases desktop administration by providing access to almost all desktop administrative functions from a single point.
Working with Desktop Central
Starting Desktop Central
Desktop Central can be started in any of the following ways:
- Double-click the ManageEngine Desktop Central icon from the desktop.
- Select Start --> Programs --> ManageEngine Desktop Central --> Start Desktop Central
Starting the Desktop Central automatically launches the client in the default browser.
Note: When Desktop Central is started in Windows XP / Windows 2003 machines with firewall enabled, Windows will pop up security alerts asking whether to block or unblock the the following programs:
- Postgres - Database server
- Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition binary - Java.
You should Unblock these programs to start Desktop Central.
Starting Desktop Central Client
- Type http://localhost:8020 OR http://Host Name:8020 in the address bar and press "Enter".
Note: By default, Desktop Central runs on port 8020.
- In the login page enter a valid user name and password. This provides an authenticated access to Desktop Central. By default, the user name and password are "admin" and "admin" respectively.
- Click "Login".
- The Desktop Central Client is launched in the Web browser.
Steps to be Performed after Initial Login
- Define the scope of management - Scope can be limited to a small set of computers or the whole domain
- Setup Software Deployment
- Setup Patch Management
- Setup Mobile Device Management
- Setup Asset Management
- Setup User Logon Reports
- Define and apply configurations to either users or computers. The configurations will get applied during user logon / computer startup or during the 90 minutes refresh cycle, whichever is earlier,
- View the status if the configurations applied to the users/computers.
Stopping Desktop Central
To stop Desktop central, Select Start --> Programs --> ManageEngine Desktop Central --> Stop Desktop Central OR execute the command "DCService.bat -p" in the location <DesktopCentral_Home>/bin directory.
To uninstall Desktop Central, select Start --> Programs --> ManageEngine Desktop Central --> Uninstall
Please refer to the LICENSE_AGREEMENT before using the package.
Support and Feedback
You can reach us in following ways: