Download HotFix For Build 4021/4020 Of Firewall Analyzer
- This HotFix is for users of Build 4021 or 4020 only.
- Customers using earlier builds like 4012, 4011, or 4010, please apply Service Pack before applying the HotFix.
Instructions to Apply HotFix
If Firewall Analyzer has been installed as a root user in a Linux machine, continue with the below procedure logged in as a root user itself.
Follow steps 1 through 8 to apply the hotfix
- Shut down Firewall Analyzer
server. If Firewall Analyzer is running as a service, stop
the service also.
- Please wait for a few moments till the server/service
- Execute the UpdateManager.bat/.sh file present in the <FirewallAnalyzer_Home>/bin directory.
- Click Browse and select
the .PPM file (HotFix) that you have downloaded.
- Click Install to install
- Wait until the hotfix is fully
- Click Close and then click Exit to exit
the Update Manager tool.
- Start the Firewall Analyzer
The hotfix is now installed, and you can start working with Firewall Analyzer Build 4022.
This build primarily contains the following bug fixes over build 4021 or 4020.
- "No Data Available" issue caused due to FirewallRecords_Tmp table getting full has been fixed.
- Issue with quotes in RuleName for Cisco Pix firewall has been fixed.
- Issue with parsing of User information from CheckPoint Firewall has been fixed.
How do I find out my Build number?
Log in to the Firewall Analyzer web client, and click the About link in the top pane. You will find the build number mentioned below the build version. This is the build number of the currently installed Firewall Analyzer.
Contact Firewall Analyzer Support for any assistance while applying the hotfix for build 4020.