ManageEngine Patch Connect Plus has recently extended it's Application Management capabilities to Microsoft Intune/Microsoft Endpoint Manager (MEM) to make third-party application management even easier. This document will explain the steps to configure Intune Application Management in Patch Connect Plus console.
Steps to configure Application Management for Intune/MEM
Below are the detailed steps to configuring Application Management for Intune/MEM on the Patch Connect Plus console
- Registering new application in Azure AD
The very first step in configuring Intune settings in Patch Connect Plus console is to create client ID and tenant ID in Azure AD.
- Navigate to Azure AD --> App registrations from the left tree and click on "New registration"
- Here, give a suitable name for the application, say PCP-Intune. Then, configure the account types based on the requirements. Once done, click Register.
- Now, you can see that the application has been registered with a unique Client ID and Tenant ID.
- Adding API permissions to the registered application
- Navigate to API Permissions to provide the necessary permissions for the created App.
- Here, click on "Add a permission" option. Now, in the new window choose Microsoft Graph and select "Application permission" option.
- Now, expand the "DeviceManagementApps" tab and enable the following options.
- Device ManagementManagedDevices.ReadWrite.All
- Once that's done, enable "Group.Read.All" option under the Group toggle and click on Update permissions.
- Once done, click on Grant admin consent for to approve the new permissions, and select Yes wherever prompted to provide consent.
- Creating new client secret
- Once the admin consent is granted to the application, it's time to create a new client secret. Navigate to Certificates & secrets tab and click on "New client secret" option.
- Now, provide a description to the client secret, set the client secret to Never expire, and click on Add.
- Client secret for Patch Connect Plus has been successfully created. Copy and save the secret key in a secure location for future use.
- Now, copy the Client ID and Tenant ID from the Overview tab in the left pane.
- Intune configuration in Patch Connect Plus console
- Once copied, now, from the machine where Patch Connect Plus is installed, open up the web console which came with the product. The URL should look like this example: http://localhost:5020/ Once, the console is open, navigate to Admin --> Application settings --> Intune configuration, and paste the Client ID, Tenant ID, and Client security, and click on Save.
You have now successfully configured Application Management for MEM/Intune on the Patch Connect Plus console