Unable to Add Domains in the Scope of Management (SoM)
You are trying to add domains in the SoM of Desktop Central. You have selected the network type as Active Directory and specified all the required information. However you are unable to add the domains. The error message that you see on the screen is, 'Validation Failed'. You cannot install the agent in the SoM.
You can face this problem only when you have selected Active Directory as the network type. You will not face this problem in a workgroup-related setup.
The reasons for this error could be one of the following:
- Incorrect name of the domain, Active Directory domain or domain controller specified
- Incorrect administrator credentials (username and password) specified
- Invalid user. User does not have admin privileges in the specified domain or Organizational Unit (OU)
- Inaccessible domain controller
You are required to identify the cause for this problem and follow the relevant solution from the list given below:
Incorrect name of the domain
Correct spelling errors, if any, in the domain name, domain contoller name and the AD domain name that you have specified
Incorrect administrator credentials
Ensure that the credentials that you have specified have administrative rights in all client systems
- Ensure that the domain user name you have specified has administrator privileges for the specified OU and domain
- Check the password, which you have specified, for errors related to case and spelling. If there are no spelling errors, make the appropriate the changes in the Add Domain dialog box in the SoM.
Inaccessible domain controller
- Ensure that the specified domain controller is accessible. The reasons why the domain controller could be inaccessible are as follows:
- Network failure (contact your IT administrator)
- Computer in which the domain controller has been set could be switched off
- Active Directory is not running in the domain controller
- Check if the Active-Directory domain that you have specified is correct. To check this information, follow the steps given below:
- Click start>Run
- Enter cmd
- Enter set u
- Click Enter
You will see the following information:
- USERDNSDOMAIN= Domain name of the Active Directory
- USERDOMAIN= Domain name
- USERNAME= User name
- USERPROFILE= Profile of the user
- Check if the domain controller name that you have specified is correct. To check this information, follow the steps given below:
- Click start>Run
- Enter SET LOGONSERVER
- Press Enter
Note: Ensure that you check for the right domain-controller name in the computer that belongs to that domain.
You will see the term LOGONSERVER on the screen. This is the name of the domain controller.
Applies to: Desktop Central Installation, Agent Installation failure, Add Domains in SoM
Keywords: Install Agents, Desktop Central Agent Installation, Agent Installation, Add Domains in Scope of Management
|Unable to resolve this issue?|
If you feel this KB article is incomplete or does not contain the information required to help you resolve your issue, upload the required logs
, fill up and submit the form given below. Include details of the issue along with your correct e-mail ID and phone number. Our support team will contact you shortly and give you priority assistance and a resolution for the issue you are facing.
* Mandatory Fields