Patch Download Failure - "Checksum Failed"
You are trying to download patches of Microsoft /other vendors. However the process fails after the installable file is downloaded.
'Checksum Failed' could happen if the download process was not successful or the downloaded installable is incomplete.
- Add the following domains to your proxy exceptions before downloading the installable file.
- http://download.microsoft.com - for Microsoft applications
- http://download-installer.cdn.mozilla.net/ - for Mozila Firefox & Mozilla Thunderbird
- http://*.adobe.com - for Adobe patches, flash player, Adobe air
- http://fpdownload.macromedia.com - for Adobe Shockwave Player
- http://javadl.sun.com - for Java updates
- http://*.apple.com/ - for Mac OS updates, Quick time player, Itunes & JRE 1.6
- http://cache-download.real.com - for Real player
- http://*.oracle.com/ - for JRE 1.7
- http://*.sourceforge.net/ - for Open Office
- http://dl.google.com - for Google chrome s
- http://ftp.jaist.ac.jp - for Mozilla Firefox 3.6
- http://www.piriform.com - for CCleaner
- http://www.tightvnc.com - for TightVNC
- http://*.videolan.org/ - for TightVNC
- http://*.tuxfamily.org - for Notepad ++
- http://www.rarlab.com - for WinRAR
- http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com - for Foxit Reader
- http://ftp.iitm.ac.in - for Libre Office
- https://*.cdburnerxp.se- for CDBurnerXP
- http://download.winzip.com - for Winzip
- http://*.download.pdfforge.org - PDF Architect
- http://allwaysync.com - for AllwaySync
- http://ftp.gimp.org - for GIMP
- Re-download the installable file
(select the Patch ID under Patch Mgmt>Downloaded Patches> click on Re-download patches)
- The downloaded Patch will be stored in the same location (Which is displayed under Downloaded patches)
- <PatchID-PatchName> will be the format of the Downloaded Patch.
- After downloading the patch ,try to install the file manually by double clicking the installable file.
- If the downloaded file is installable and inspite of it, the problem still persists, upload the server logs and the patch from the store.
Applies to: Patch Deployment, Patch Configuration, Patch Download
Keywords: Patch Management, Deploy Patches, Configure Patch Installation, Download Patches
|Unable to resolve this issue?|
If you feel this KB article is incomplete or does not contain the information required to help you resolve your issue, upload the required logs
, fill up and submit the form given below. Include details of the issue along with your correct e-mail ID and phone number. Our support team will contact you shortly and give you priority assistance and a resolution for the issue you are facing.
* Mandatory Fields