Software Deployment failure - The system cannot find the file specified
You are trying to perform Software Deployment and you get an error - "The system cannot find the file specified".
Desktop Central is not able to access the executable file. This could happen in the following cases:
- You would have selected the application from the pre-defined list while creating the package. However, you have not downloaded the product and placed it in the network share.
- The specified file is not available in the network share.
- The executable file name might have been wrongly specified.
Check the following:
- Download the executable file and place it in the network share as specified in the package definition.
- The file is available in the specified path.
- The file name has been specified correctly.
- After making the corrections as needed, try if the file can be accessed from the client computer. For example, open a command prompt in the client computer and try executing the file manually: \\mynetwork-share\myapplication\setup.exe
Applies to: Software Installation, Software Installation failure, Remote Software Distribution, Install EXE, Software Deployment Status
Keywords: Software Installation Failure, EXE File not found, Deploy Software, Install Software on Remote desktops, Software Distribution Status
|Unable to resolve this issue?|
If you feel this KB article is incomplete or does not contain the information required to help you resolve your issue, upload the required logs
, fill up and submit the form given below. Include details of the issue along with your correct e-mail ID and phone number. Our support team will contact you shortly and give you priority assistance and a resolution for the issue you are facing.
* Mandatory Fields