Windows Tools - How To's
1. How to share and control a remote desktop?
- Define the Scope of Management to include the computers that you wish to manage using Desktop Central
- Ensure that you have enabled ActiveX Controls in the Internet Explorer browser settings through which you are trying to connect to a remote desktop.
- If Windows firewall is running in the remote desktop, add TCP port 6100 to the exceptions list. This has to be done in all the remote computers that you wish connect.
- Click Desktop Sharing from the Quick Links provided below the tabs.
- Click the computer name to connect.
2. How to configure Desktop Central to prompt the user before sharing their desktop?
- Select Admin --> Server Settings.
- Enable "Prompt user for Confirmation" option and Save.
3. How to schedule running disk defrag in user computers?
- Define the Scope of Management to include the computers that you wish to manage using Desktop Central.
- Select Tools --> System Tools --> Add Task
- Provide a name and description of the task
- Select the Disk Defragmenter tool and click Next
- Select the options for defragmentation of the disk and click Next.
- Choose he computers on which you wish to perform disk defragmentation
and click Next
- Specify the username and password as whom this process would be
run and the interval at which it should be performed.
- Click Finish.