How to back up SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business sites using RecoveryManager Plus
To back up your SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business environment using RecoveryManager Plus, you'll have to add your Office 365 tenant to the product. Once the tenant has been added, the product will start identifying the different SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business sites in your tenant.
This article will explain how you can add an Office 365 tenant to RecoveryManager Plus and then create a backup schedule for your sites.
- Get the SharePoint Online admin center URL of your Office 365 tenant.
- To find the admin center URL, open Office 365 Home and choose Admin from the app launcher icon. This will open the Admin center preview page.
- Navigate to Admin centers → SharePoint.
- From the SharePoint admin center page, get the URL from the address bar of the browser. Delete everything after '.com ' in the URL to get your admin center URL. The admin center URL for the above example is https://zohoidentitymgmtqa-admin.sharepoint.com.
- Generate Client ID and Client Secret if Modern Authentication is enabled in your Office 365 tenant.
- To get your client ID and client secret, navigate to <admin center URL>/_layouts/15/appregnew.aspx.
- Click the two Generate buttons to generate a client ID and a client secret. Enter the Title, App Domain, and Redirect URL and click Create.
Note: App Domain & Redirect URL can be any values as they'll never be used by RecoveryManager Plus.
- If the client ID and client Secret have been created successfully, you will see the following screenshot. Save the Client Id and Client Secret for future use.
- Navigate to <admin center URL>/_layouts/15/appinv.aspx. Enter the client ID in the App Id field and click Lookup.
- In the App's Permission Request XML field, enter the below code to grant appropriate access.
<AppPermissionRequest Scope="http://sharepoint/content/tenant" Right="FullControl" />
- Click Create and you will be presented with a consent pop-up box.
- Click Trust It to grant RecoveryManager Plus with the required permissions.
Step 1: Adding a new Office 365 tenant to RecoveryManager Plus
- Log in to RecoveryManager Plus as an administrator.
- Navigate to the SharePoint & OneDrive tab → Configuration.
- Provide the SharePoint Admin Center URL.
- Provide the username and password of a SharePoint Administrator.
- If legacy authentication is disabled in your Office 365 account, select Modern Authentication and provide the Client ID and Client Secret. For instructions on how to retrieve the Client ID and Client Secret, refer prerequiste 2.
- Click Configure.
Your Office 365 tenant has now been configured, and the product will begin identifying the different sites in your SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business environment.
Step 2: Creating a backup schedule for your SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business sites
Your backup schedule has been created.
Need further assistance? Fill this form, and we'll contact you rightaway.