EventLog Analyzer System Requirements
This section lists the minimum system requirements for installing and working with EventLog Analyzer - Distributed and Standalone editions
Minimum hardware requirements:
- Dual-core processor.
- 2 GB RAM.
- 50 GB hard disk space for the product.
- 1024x768 display resolution.
Ideal hardware requirements:
- Quad-core processor.
- 6 GB RAM.
Event handling capacity:
Provided the minimum hardware requirements are met, a standalone installation of EventLog Analyzer can handle log rates, or events per second (EPS), as given below:
||Average log size
|Windows event log
To enhance the events handling capacity, a distributed EventLog Analyzer installation with multiple nodes can handle higher log volumes.
- The number of processor cores determines the indexing and search performance of the installation. More the number of cores, better the performance of the tool.
- It is recommended not to allocate more than 32 GB of RAM to a single instance of the EventLog Analyzer Server.
- Network storage isn't supported for the indexing location in EventLog Analyzer.
Operating System Requirements
EventLog Analyzer can be installed and run on the following operating systems and versions:
- Windows™ 10, Windows™ 8, Windows™ 7, Vista, 2000, XP, & NT and Windows™ Server 2000/2003/2008/2008 R2/2012/2016
- Linux - RedHat 8.0/9.0, Mandrake/Mandriva, SuSE, Fedora, CentOS
- Ability to run in any virtual environment
Supported Web Browsers
EventLog Analyzer has been tested to support the following browsers and versions:
- Internet Explorer 8 and later
- Firefox 4 and later
- Chrome 8 and later
Bundled with the product
- MS SQL 2005
- MS SQL 2008
- MS SQL 2012
- MS SQL 2014
PostgreSQL Performance Improvement Parameters
For better performance, we recommend replacing the existing PostgreSQL parameters mentioned in postgres_ext.txt available under
\pgsql\data\directory with the values mentioned below:
||This change requires EventLog Analyzer Application/Service restart.
||Minimum requirement is 128 KB. This change requires EventLog Analyzer Application/Service restart.
||Minimum requirement is 64 KB.
||Minimum requirement is 1 MB.
||Logfile segments minimum 1 and 16 MB each.
||Range: 30 seconds to 1 hour.
||checkpoint target duration is 0.0 - 1.0.
||This parameter is measured in an arbitrary scale.
||This parameter is measured in same scale as above.