EventLog Analyzer system requirements
This section lists the system requirements for installing and working with EventLog Analyzer (Distributed and Standalone editions).
± 2000 syslogs / 300 winlogs
± 10000 syslogs / 1500 winlogs
± 20000 syslogs / 3000 winlogs
|Network card capacity
EventLog Analyzer can be installed on the following operating systems and versions:
- Windows 7/8/10, and Windows Server 2003/2008/2008 R2/2012/2016
- Linux: Red Hat 8.0/9.0, Mandrake/Mandriva, SUSE, Fedora, CentOS
EventLog Analyzer has been tested to support the following browsers and versions with at least a 1024x768 display resolution:
- Internet Explorer 9 and later
- Firefox 4 and later
- Chrome 8 and later
EventLog Analyzer can use the following databases as its back-end database.
Bundled with the product
- MS SQL 2005
- MS SQL 2008
- MS SQL 2012
- MS SQL 2014
- Allocate 100 percent RAM to the virtual machine running EventLog Analyzer. Sharing memory with other virtual machines on the same host may result in CPU starvation and may negatively impact EventLog Analyzer's performance.
- Employ thick provisioning, as thin provisioning increases I/O latency.
- Disable VM snapshots to avoid data being duplicated.
Network-attached storage (NAS)
- NAS drives are not recommended if their latency is higher than the local disk’s latency.
- Check the disk's I/O latency before implementation, as disk quality is critical for EventLog Analyzer's performance.