- Shut down RecoveryManager Plus server.
- If RecoveryManager Plus runs as an application, click on Start → All Programs → RecoveryManager Plus → Stop RecoveryManager Plus.
- If RecoveryManager Plus runs as a windows service, click on Start → Run → type "services.msc" → Stop "ManageEngine RecoveryManager Plus".
- Please wait till the server/service terminates completely.
- Backup RecoveryManager Plus by zipping the contents of <RecoveryManagerPlusHome> directory and save it as RecoveryManagerPlus.zip in the </RecoveryManagerPlusHome/> directory.
- If you use an MS SQL Database Server, take a backup of the database by following the steps listed here.
- Execute the UpdateManager.bat file present in the <RecoveryManagerPlusHome>/bin directory.
- Click Browse and select the .ppm file that you have downloaded.
- Click Install to install the service pack. Depending on the amount of data to be migrated, the installation procedure may take a few minutes. Please do not terminate the procedure prematurely.
- Wait until the service pack is fully installed.
- Click Close and then Exit Update Manager tool.
- Start the RecoveryManager Plus server.