RecoveryManager Plus Service Pack
We recommend users to move to the latest version, RecoveryManager Plus 6.0 Build 6020 (Jun 2020).
* Post-upgradation Steps:
- Start RecoveryManager Plus and trigger a backup to complete the data migration.
- Stop RecoveryManager Plus
Note: We strongly recommend you to take backups before migrating. This helps you prevent accidental loss of data.
Instructions to apply Service Pack
- 1Shut down the RecoveryManager Plus server.
- If RecoveryManager Plus runs as an application, click on Start → All Programs → RecoveryManager Plus → Stop RecoveryManager Plus.
- If RecoveryManager Plus runs as a Windows service, click on Start → Run → type "services.msc" → Stop "ManageEngine RecoveryManager Plus".
- 2Please wait till the application or service terminates completely.
- 3Backup RecoveryManager Plus by zipping the contents of the <RecoveryManagerPlus> directory. By default, the RecoveryManager Plus directory can be found in C:\ManageEngine\RecoveryManagerPlus.
- 4If you use an MS SQL database,
- Take a backup of the database by following the steps listed here.
- Execute the following command in Command Prompt.
runas /user:<service_account_name> cmd
You will be prompted for a password. Provide the password of the account which was used to configure RecoveryManager Plus. A new Command Prompt will open. In the new Command Prompt, navigate to <RecoveryManagerPlus>/bin directory and execute the UpdateManager.bat file. Proceed to step 6.
- 5If you use a PostgreSQL database, open Command Prompt. Navigate to <RecoveryManagerPlus>/bin directory and execute the UpdateManager.bat file.
- 6Click Browse and select the PPM file that you have downloaded.
- 7Click Install. Depending on the amount of data to be migrated, the installation procedure may take a few minutes. Please do not terminate the process prematurely.
- 8Click Close and then Exit to quit the Update Manager tool.
- 9Start RecoveryManager Plus.
- If RecoveryManager Plus runs as an application, click on Start → All Programs → RecoveryManager Plus → Start RecoveryManager Plus.
- If RecoveryManager Plus runs as a windows service, click on Start → Run → type "services.msc" → Start "ManageEngine RecoveryManager Plus".
How do I find the current build number of RecoveryManager Plus?
- 1Log in to the RecoveryManager Plus web client
- 2Click the license link at the top right corner of the page.
- 3Check the product version to find the current build number
You can contact RecoveryManager Plus Support at any time for assistance in upgrading RecoveryManager Plus to the latest version.