The Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus is used in environment having Database Availability Groups (DAG) generally. It is used to check the health of the database copies made in your Exchange organization.
Examples of Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus cmdlet:
Eg. Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus -Identity Database1 | Format-List
This cmdlet gives information about all the copies of database1 made in your Exchange organization.
Eg. Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus -Server erpex1 | Format-List
This cmdlet provides information about all the database copies existing in Exchange Server erpex1.
PowerShell scripts need the Format-list parameter to display the results in a list format. The results generated are usually here and there and formatting them properly into presentable stats is a whole other story. You can get reports on the copy status of each database in various locations within the Exchange environment using Exchange Reporter Plus. The tool provides information such as copy name, copy status, and copy time, and presents the information in easy-to-understand dashboards and graphs.
Steps to generate Database copy reports:
In Exchange Reporter Plus the database copy status report is available under DAG monitoring reports category. Below are the steps to generate the database copy status report:
- Go to the Monitoring tab.
- Navigate to DAG Monitoring drop-down on the left side.
- Click on Database Copy Status report.
- Enter the period for report generation and select the type of view for the report (default, summary or custom view).
- That’s it. The report gets generated instantly once the inputs are given.
Do it the Exchange Reporter Plus way!
- Report Scheduling: Schedule reports to generate them automatically and send them to concerned authorities such as IT admins and managers through email.
- Quick access and export options: Add reports as favourites to access them easily and export reports to different file formats: such as PDF, HTML, XLS and CSV.
- Filter and alerting options: Add or remove columns from the report generated to view information relevent to your needs. Use advanced filters options available to customize your search and configure alerts for auditing and monitoring reports and receive immediate notifications through email or SMS.
- Technician Delegation: Delegate different reports to different technicians. Have control over who gets access to what.
- Easy-to-analyse reports: Generate reports on periodic basis, per domain basis, tenant-wise or get an overall summary as you choose. Get graphical and dashboard representation of complex analytical data.
Click here to learn more about how Exchange Reporter Plus simplifies complex Exchange operations.