When you try to perform image deployment, the process is very slow.
The most likely cause of deployment performance may be an issue in the network connection.
Do the followng to localize the root cause and resolve the issue:
- If an Agent machine and the Server machine are in different subnets, try to connect the agent to server's subnet and reproduce the issue. If it does not help, try to connect the server to agent's subnet and reproduce the issue.
- Turn off antivirus software on the Deploy server and reproduce the issue. If it is not reproduced, add ManageEngine-related folders to antivirus' exclusions.
- Try to change the transfer mode to Multicast.
- Try to change the transfer mode to Unicast.
- If the master image is located on a network share, try to place it on a local disk of the Deploy server. Note the transfer speed while copying. Perform deployment from the local disk.
- Try to perform Standalone deployment (master image is located in its initial location).
- Try to perform Standalone deployment (master image is located on external USB HDD that is connected to the target machine).
If the problem persists, contact firstname.lastname@example.org