One can put the bootable data of ManageEngine Rescue Media only on a RIS server or a WDS server running in Legacy mode
You are trying to put the bootable data of ManageEngine Rescue Media on WDS server instead of RIS server:
- In the main window of ManageEngine OS Deployer Management Console you choose Tools -> Create Bootable Rescue Media;
- On the Bootable Media Selection screen of the wizard you click RIS server;
- After providing the computer name and credentials for the WDS server, you hit Next and then Proceed;
- The program fails to create the bootable media with an error message similar to the following one:
E00040011: Failed to build the bootable media. Cannot load required components...
Bootable Media Builder of ManageEngine OS Deployer supports only RIS servers and WDS servers that run in Legacy mode.
Switch the WDS server to Legacy mode.
To do this, on the machine where the WDS server is issue the following command in the command-prompt:
WDS server can run in three different modes:
- Legacy - only RIS images are used;
- Mixed Mode - WDS and RIS images are used;
- Native Mode - only WDS images are used.
Read more about WDS at Microsoft TechNet: