ADSelfService Plus Release Notes
Release Notes for build 5103 (Apr 2014)
- You can now export the restricted users list in a desired file format
- Now completely exclude restricted users from showing up anywhere in the product
- Issue in automatic password reset
- Issue in accessing native mobile apps and mobile webapp
- Issue in displaying verification code enrollment information when email option alone is enabled
- Issue with displaying header logo in scheduled reports when HTML is selected as the storage format
Release Notes for build 5102 (Mar 2014)
- Alternate Email IDs and Mobile numbers of users stored in any AD attribute can now be used for sending verification codes.
- Admins can auto-enroll users by importing their Email IDs and/or Mobile Numbers from a CSV file or external database.
Release Notes for build 5101 (Mar 2014)
- Now you can select the protocol (HTTP/HTTPS) to be used for Mac login agent during installation itself
- Issue in generating user reports when the database (PostgreSQL) server is installed in another machine
- Issue that force users to go back or sign out when they login using Single Sign-On
- Issue in saving ‘Automatic Reset Password’ settings
- Issue in accessing the help guide when context path is added
- Issue in translating the label ‘Description’ when reports are exported
Release Notes for build 5100 (Feb 2014)
- Login Agent for Mac OS X to allow AD domain users to reset passwords and unlock accounts right from the OS X login screen itself.
- Group-based configuration of self-service policies, enrollment settings and password synchronizer for fine-grained management.
- Now self-service policies will take effect based on their priorities as set by the admin.
- Issue in saving report schedulers.
- Issue in performing quick search in reports.
- Issue in showing the status of change password actions when enrollment is disabled.
Release Notes for build 5041 (Jan 2014)
- Added an option to email generated reports
- Issue with updating profile details when the update button is clicked more than once
- Issue with updating the Advanced Policy Configuration settings from Security Center
Release Notes for build 5040 (Jan 2014)
- Password Expiry Notifier is now part of our FREE Edition; allows you to notify UNLIMITED users. Also, gains a slew of enhancements including:
- SMS notifications to alert users of their impending password expiry
- Option to select users based on groups for sending password expiry notifications
- Ability to schedule and send reports of users’ password/account expiry to their managers
- Send password expiry notifications immediately with the ‘Run Now’ option
- You can now notify password expired users too
- Enabling SSO now requires you to configure NTLMv2, which has been added to enhance security
- Option to hide ‘Click here to troubleshoot’ link in Reset Password / Unlock Account failure page
- Issue in removing added OUs while configuring GINA/CP scheduler
- Issue in enabling the ‘Force User to prove their identity via both verification methods’ option
How to Upgrade?
Highlights of Previous Releases (build 4500 to 5032)
- Unified Self-Service Password Management -Synchronize Windows Active Directory Password/Account changes made using ADSelfService Plus with range of cloud-based and on-premise apps. The following apps are supported:
- Google Apps
- Office 365
- IBM AS400 / iSeries
- HP UX systems
- Oracle Database
- Oracle E-business Suite
- Free iPhone & Android App for self-service password management: ADSelfService Plus native apps for iPhone and Android allows end-users to reset their lost passwords, unlock their locked-out accounts, change their expiring passwords and synchronize password changes with a variety of non-Windows systems and cloud-based applications remotely from their iOS and Android devices. Get the free app from Get the Apps.
- Mobile Web App: Mobile browser support for devices running on any platform including Android, iOS and Windows Mobile
- Mobile App Rebranding: Ability to customize mobile app with your own company logo
- Mail Group Subscription: Self-Service Mail Group Subscription to allow users to subscribe to or unsubscribe from mail groups of their choice
- SMS/E-Mail Verification Codes to provide additional security when End-Users Reset Password / Unlock Accounts
- Enforce Stronger Passwords with "Password Strength Analyzer"
- Instant DC Updater: The actions by a user (password reset or account unlock), can be instantly updated between sites and across all or specified domain controllers
- Enrollment Notification: Scheduler to invite the 'non-enrolled & new domain' users to enroll with ADSelfService Plus as well as delivery reports for the notifications.
- Force Users to Enroll - Now force users to enroll with ADSelfService Plus as soon as they log in to their machines.
- Extract Audit Reports specific to a domain with the help of built-in filters.
- Heightened security against 'Cross-site scripting', 'CSRF issue', and 'Denial of Service attack'.
- SSL Certification Tool: Helps you to generate CSR and offers guidelines to install SSL certificate
- Report Scheduler: Scheduler for mailing admin the detailed reports of ADSelfService Plus (User, Audit & Enrollment Reports)
- Restrict User Scheduler: Scheduler for restricting the inactive users of a domain from accessing the application
- Support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 operating systems
- Support for Postgres Database server (as product database) in addition to already supported MySQL and MS SQL databases.
- Support for 17 languages including Dutch, Swedish, Chinese, Spanish, Russian, and Arabic.
- Support for 3rd party GINA/CP agents:ADSelfService Plus is now compatible with the following 3rd party GINA/CP agents:
- Zenworks Endpoint Security agent
- 2X agent
- Toshiba Logon Provider
- Cisco NAC agent
- OneX Credential Provider
- Sophos Safeguard Disk Encryption
- Cisoc VPN client
- Checkpoint Full Disk Encryption (pre-boot authentication not supported)
Click here for the complete list of Features, Fixes and Enhancements from previous releases.
Some other benefits of ADSelfService Plus - Self Service Reset Password Management
List of Other Features in ADSelfService Plus »
Free Active Directory users from lengthy help desk calls with ADSelfService Plus's self-account unlock option. Unlocking an account with ADSelfService Plus is child's play!
Portal that lets Active Directory users update their latest information without the help desk assistance. Self-update feature also ensures that Active Directory database is up-to-date with the user profile changes.
Intimate Active Directory users of their impending password/account expiry by mailing them these password/account expiry notifications.
Hassle-free password change for Active Directory users with ADSelfService Plus. Without help desk assitance users can change their passwords from 'Change Password' console.
A quick search facility that enables Active Directory users to scout for information about peers by using search keys like phone no., e-mail id, first/ last name of the personality being searched.