ADSelfService Plus Release Notes
Release Notes for build 4592 (April 2013)
- Support for Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8 machines to reset password/unlock account from Winlogon screen.
- Administrators can now choose the encryption algorithm used to secure the security answers for heightened security.
- Option to choose the 'Welcome Name' that will be displayed at the top of the Web portal.
- An additional macro field '%dateTime%' has been included in Password Expiry Notification.
- Complete support for Internet Explorer 10.
- Issue with 'daysToExpire' field in Password/Account Expiry Notification reminder mails.
- Issue with Macros in Password Expiry Notification when the option 'on specific days' is selected.
- Issue with 'Force Enrollment' in Standard Edition.
- Issue in 'Notification Delivery Reports' for enrollment notifications.
How to Upgrade?
Highlights of Previous Releases (build 4500 to 4591)
- SMS/E-Mail Verification Codes to provide additional security when End-Users Reset Password / Unlock Accounts
- Multi-platform Password Synchronizer - Synchronize Password/Account changes made using ADSelfService Plus with 'IBM i/AS400' and 'HP UX' systems.
- Enforce Stronger Passwords with "Password Strength Analyzer"
- Instant DC Updater: The actions by a user (password reset or account unlock), can be instantly updated between sites and across all or specified domain controllers
- Enrollment Notification: Scheduler to invite the 'non-enrolled & new domain' users to enroll with ADSelfService Plus as well as delivery reports for the notifications.
- Force Users to Enroll - Now force users to enroll with ADSelfService Plus as soon as they log in to their machines.
- Extract Audit Reports specific to a domain with the help of built-in filters.
- Heightened security against 'Cross-site scripting', 'CSRF issue', and 'Denial of Service attack'.
- SSL Certification Tool: Helps you to generate CSR and offers guidelines to install SSL certificate
- Report Scheduler: Scheduler for mailing admin the detailed reports of ADSelfService Plus (User, Audit & Enrollment Reports)
- Restrict User Scheduler: Scheduler for restricting the inactive users of a domain from accessing the application
- Support for Postgres Database server (as product database) in addition to already supported MySQL and MS SQL databases.
- Support for 15 languages including Dutch, Swedish, Chinese, Spanish and Arabic.
- Support for 3rd party GINA/CP agents: ADSelfService Plus is now compatible with the following 3rd party GINA/CP agents:
- Zenworks Endpoint Security agent
- 2X agent
- Toshiba Logon Provider
- Cisco NAC agent
- OneX Credential Provider
- Sophos Safeguard Disk Encryption
- Cisoc VPN client
- Checkpoint Full Disk Encryption (pre-boot authentication not supported)
Click here for the complete list of Features, Fixes and Enhancements from previous releases.
Some other benefits of ADSelfService Plus - Self Service Reset Password Management
List of Other Features in ADSelfService Plus »
||Free Active Directory users from lengthy help desk calls with ADSelfService Plus's self-account unlock option. Unlocking an account with ADSelfService Plus is child's play!
||Portal that lets Active Directory users update their latest information without the help desk assistance. Self-update feature also ensures that Active Directory database is up-to-date with the user profile changes.
||Intimate Active Directory users of their impending password/account expiry by mailing them these password/account expiry notifications.
||Hassle-free password change for Active Directory users with ADSelfService Plus. Without help desk assitance users can change their passwords from 'Change Password' console.
||A quick search facility that enables Active Directory users to scout for information about peers by using search keys like phone no., e-mail id, first/ last name of the personality being searched.