How to get the members of Azure Active Directory groups using PowerShell scripts
The following table illustrates how you can get the members of groups in your Azure AD network using PowerShell scripts and ADManager Plus, an Active Directory management and reporting tool.
Steps to fetch the members of an Azure AD group using PowerShell scripts:
- Obtain the display name of the group whose members you would like to fetch.
- Execute the following PowerShell script and list the members of the desired groups:
Click to copy entire script
Get-AzADGroupMember -GroupDisplayName $name
Steps to add members to Azure AD groups using ADManager Plus:
- Log in to ADManager Plus and navigate to Microsoft 365 tab Reports > Group Reports.
- Under General Group Reports, click Group Members.
- Select the desired Microsoft 365 tenant from the Microsoft Tenant drop-down list and select the domains/groups from the Filter By drop-down list.
- Click Generate Now.
Limitations of using PowerShell scripts to list Azure AD groups:
- PowerShell scripts lack GUI capabilities and requires an extensive knowledge in scripting.
- PowerShell scripts are time-consuming and can affect productivity.
- Reports generated using PowerShell scripts provide limited information and are quite complex to generate.
Benefits of using ADManager Plus:
- Predefined reports that can be generated with a click of a button.
- Reports can be customized to suit your organizaton's needs.
- Schedulable reports with capabilities to notify stake holders.
Azure AD group membership management and reporting tool
Get 30-day free trial.