Add users to Office 365 Groups using PowerShell
The following is a comparison between adding users to Office 365 groups with Windows PowerShell and ADManager Plus.
Steps to add users to Office 365 groups using PowerShell:
- Identify the Office 365 tenant from which you want to retrieve the report.
- Identify the PowerShell cmdlet you need to fetch the report.
- Compile the script.
- Execute it in Windows PowerShell.
- The report will be exported in the given format.
- To obtain the report in a different format, modify the script according to the needs of the user.
Sample Windows PowerShell script:
Click to copy entire script
Add-UnifiedGroupLinks -Identity "HR Department" -LinkType Members -Links firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com
Steps to add users to Office 365 groups:
- Click Office 365 -> Group Management -> Add/Remove Group Members using CSV .
- Select the desired Office 365 tenant and import group members in a CSV file.
» Start 30-day Free Trial
Following are the limitations to add users to Office 365 groups using native tools like Windows PowerShell:
- With additional filters, the script will get longer and complicated.
- Troubleshooting these scripts requires extensive AD and scripting expertise.
ADManager Plus can help you add users to Office 365 groups with just a CSV file in a simple and intuitively designed UI.
Manage Office 365 group memberships in just a few clicks.
Get 30-day free trial.