Steps to import PowerShell Exchange Module and to add the Snap-ins to your standard PowerShell console:
To perform Exchange Server management and reporting operations using PowerShell, it is necessary to load Exchange PowerShell module to the session. The Add-PSSnapIn cmdlet when used, as shown below, helps import the Exchange module, to carry out AD and Exchange management operations using appropriate cmdlets:
Add-PSSnapIn -Name Microsoft.Exchange, Microsoft.Windows.AD
Based on the version of Exchange Server used, the script must be modified.
If you are using Exchange Server 2013, 2016 or 2019, use:
If you are using Exchange Server 2010, use:
If you are running Exchange Server 2007, use:
With PowerShell, based on the platforms that have to be managed, Active Directory (AD), Exchange, etc., all relevant modules have to be loaded. But there's an option to manage your AD and Exchange without struggling with complex PowerShell scripts.
The efficient and effective alternative to PowerShell
ADManager Plus is a unified solution which allows you to manage and report on multiple platforms including AD, Office 365 and Exchange from a single console, with completely GUI-based, scripting free actions. It offers purpose-built management features and reports to cater to every AD, Office 365 and Exchange management and reporting need. It also has a secure role-based delegation, approval-based workflow, and AD automation capabilities built into it.
Why should AD administrators and technicians choose ADManager Plus
ADManager Plus offers many advantages over PowerShell, making it the obvious, easiest and efficient option for IT admins and technicians to manage not just their AD, but also Exchange and Office 365 environments. It also helps carry out critical identity and access (IAM) operations easily and automatically.
- All-inclusive scripting-free, unified console: ADManager Plus, unlike PowerShell, enables you to manage and report on AD, Office 365, Exchange Server, G Suite, Skype for Business, and more, all from a one single console, with point and click actions. All you need is just a web-browser to load the client. No more struggling with scripting, multiple consoles, CLIs, tools, etc.
- Platform-specific management and reporting capabilities: ADManager Plus offers a complete set of management and reporting capabilities exclusively for AD, Office 365, Exchange Server, and more.
- Active Directory management and reporting: Bulk create, manage, and delete AD objects like users, groups, computers, GPO, and more, easily with purpose-built Active Directory management features. Get predefined Active Directory reports to view complete information about AD with predefined reports on users, groups, passwords, file server permissions, IT compliance and more.
- Exchange Server management and reporting: Create, modify, migrate, delete and restore Exchange mailboxes; apply policies; manage features such as OWA, OMA, ActiveSync, and more, with exclusive Exchange management capabilities. List all distribution list members, mailbox enabled users, mail enabled groups, ActiveSync enabled users, mailbox delivery recipient settings, and more, with built-in Exchange Reports.
- Office 365: Bulk create Office 365 user accounts right while creating the AD accounts of users; create users and apply licenses; manage Office 365 licenses; manage Office 365 groups, contacts, Exchange Online mailboxes, etc., easily with powerful Office 365 management capabilities. Get detailed information on Office 365 users, licensed users, inactive users, distribution and dynamic distribution groups and members, etc., with prepackaged Office 365 reports.
- Efficient privilege and access management: Manage users' security group memberships and NTFS/share permissions on critical file servers, assign time-bound temporary permissions, and more. Get detailed group membership, nested group membership, and file server permissions reports to spot and remove excessive privileges assigned to users, to prevent unauthorized and inappropriate access to critical resources.
- On-the-fly management: All ADManager Plus' reports include management options, to manage accounts and objects right from the reports. For example, right from the inactive users report, it is possible to select and delete the user accounts that are no longer needed.
- OU-based, secure granular delegation: Create custom help desk roles with the required management and reporting operations; Assign these roles to help desk technicians and even non-admin users to empower them to perform those operations without elevating their rights or privileges in native AD.
- Comprehensive automation: Critical routines like provisioning accounts in AD, Exchange, Office 365, and more; stale accounts cleanup, Office 365 license management and more, can be automated with just point and click actions.
- Customizable approval-based workflow: Monitor and streamline operations in AD, Office 365, Exchange and more, with multi-level review-approve based workflow, and real-time notifications.
- Out-of-the-box integrations: ADManager Plus integrates with help desk software such as ServiceDesk Plus, ServiceNow, and Zendesk; databases such as Oracle and MS SQL; HRMS applications like Workday, BambooHR, Ultipro, and Zoho People; Syslog and Splunk; and more, for a holistic and integrated approach to IAM.