A collection of Configurations can be deployed in the target client
workstation using Desktop Central. The advantages of Collection are
- The targets
are defined once for multiple Configuration.
- When the configuration is deployed, it saves time
to apply the configuration since collection of configuration is applied
in each workstation.
Step 1: Define Collection
- Click Add Collection link from the Quick Links.
- Select the collection type as User Collection or Computer Collection. This opens the Add Collection Wizard.
- Provide a name and description for the collection.
- Choose the configurations that have to added to
this collection and click Next. The configurations are specific to the
collection type you have selected above.
- Define the chosen configurations. Refer to User
Configurations and Computer
Configurations sections for details about the configurations.
Step 2: Define Target
Select the targets for which the configurations have to be applied.
Refer to the Defining
Targets topic for more details.
Step 3: Save or Deploy Collection
After defining the configurations and targets, click Finish
to deploy the defined configurations to the selected targets. You also
have an option to save the configurations as drafts for later modifications
by clicking the Save as Draft
collections that are saved as drafts will not be deployed. You have to
modify the definition and deploy it later.
Copyright © 2005-2013, ZOHO Corp
. All Rights Reserved.