This guide highlights how the Active Directory tasks are performed using native Active Directory (AD) tools like Windows PowerShell or VBScript and ADManager Plus. Even though the AD tasks can be performed by both native tools and ADManager Plus, the latter offers simple and effective ways to go about it.
Why we need to think beyond native tools for managing AD
- The administrator requires knowledge of the PowerShell or VBScript commands to run and execute tasks.
- In addition to this, the administrator should be acquainted with Active Directory to execute commands for the simplest of the tasks.
- To obtain variation in the reports, extensive modification in Windows PowerShell or VBScript is required.
Why ADManager Plus would be the right option to manage AD
- Single web-based console for Active Directory (AD), MS Exchange, Office 365, Skype for Business (Lync), and Google Workspace management and reporting.
- ADManager Plus offers pre-packaged reports without the need for scripts and can perform built-in management functions.
- Scheduled reports feature can be made use of choosing any preferred report and its format, set the execution time and configure the email address to which the report(s) has to be sent.
- Automation of AD tasks and critical routines/processes such as create users, AD cleanup, etc.
- Delegation of tasks to Non-IT users can be exercised to reduce the load on the administrators.
- Customizable multi-level workflow to streamline and control the execution of AD tasks.
- iOS and Android apps for 'on-the-move' AD user and computer management and reporting.
A simplified management solution for AD, Exchange, Office 365, and more.
Get 30-day free trial.