How to Configure Mail Sever settings using Gmail Account?
This document will explain you the steps involved in using Gmail account to configure Mail Server Settings on Desktop Central.
- If you use Two Factor Authentication in your Gmail account, you must use App password to configure mail server setting.Click here for more details
- You will have to allow/enable "less secure apps" settings on the Gmail account to complete configuration.Steps to allow less secure apps
Perform the below mentioned steps on the Desktop Central server to complete the mail server configuration
- Click Admin tab on the web console
- Under Server Settings, click Mail Server Settings
- Specify the following information:
- Server Name : smtp.gmail.com
- Port : 465 (SSL) / 587 (TLS)
- Sender Email Address: Your email address
- Test Email Address: email address to receive test mails.
- Email Type: SMTP / SMTPS
- Enable TLS: Yes / No. If you choose No, then SSL will be set as default.
- You need to enable authentication for configuring Gmail account
- Username: Specify your email address
- Password: Specify your password
You have successfully configured the mail server using Gmail account.