Integrating with ServiceDesk Plus Cloud
Endpoint Central - ServiceDesk Plus Cloud integration provides the following benefits:
- Updated and comprehensive inventory details will be posted periodically.
- Helpdesk requests raised from Endpoint Central's agent tray will be logged as tickets in SDP automatically.
- Inventory alerts for every minute change in hardware and software
Endpoint Central build should be 10.0.598 or above.
Note: For the Endpoint Central-ServiceDesk Plus Cloud integration to work properly, please update your Endpoint Central build to the latest version. If your Endpoint Central build is below 10.0.598, then the integration will not work after Feb, 2021.
Steps to integrate
- Login to Endpoint Central web console, and navigate to Admin > Integration > ServiceDesk Plus settings > ServiceDesk Plus on-demand.
- The next step is to provide the server name, for which there are two options to choose from:
- Choose either "https://sdpondemand.manageengine.com", "https://sdpondemand.manageengine.en" or "https://sdpondemand.manageengine.in", according to the domain your SDP server is hosted in. To find out the exact URL, go to ServiceDesk Plus console and navigate to ESM Directory > ESM portal > URL for Organization Portal, as shown below:
- Choose "Portal" if you've set up a customized domain for accessing ServiceDesk Plus cloud and enter the exact URL.
Note: All the helpdesk tickets and assets are posted to this URL. To post the DC - SDP integration tickets to a specific instance, provide the complete portal URL along with the instance name, for example, https://dc.manageengine.com/app/myinstancename. If an instance is not specified in the URL, the tickets will be raised to the default instance. You can create and check instance names in ServiceDesk Plus console by navigating to ESM Directory > Service Desk Instances, as shown below:
How to generate the ServiceDesk Plus Cloud Authentication file?
- Sign in to your ServiceDesk Plus Cloud account with administrative privileges and open this URL: https://api-console.zoho.com/.
- If Client is not present, create a Self Client.
- Now, enter Scope as:SDPOnDemand.assets.ALL,SDPOnDemand.requests.ALL,SDPOnDemand.setup.ALL
- Set the Time Duration for the expiration of the Authentication file to 10 minutes.
- Add Scope Description, if necessary.
- Click Create and Download the generated Authentication file (json).
- In the Endpoint Central web console, go to the Admin tab, under Integrations, click ServiceDesk Plus Settings. Upload the Authentication file, and click Save.
- Under Features to be integrated, you can select the required features.
- If you have integrated IT asset data, you can define the action to be performed on ServiceDesk Plus, when computers are removed from Endpoint Central's scope of management, and you can also enable the option for assigning workstation owners automatically.
- Click Save to complete the integration process.
IT asset data
Asset data will be posted to the Endpoint Central server during the following scenarios:
- System start-up
- User logon
- Post a manual or scheduled scan
- When a new software is installed/uninstalled
- During the 90 minutes refresh cycle
Log helpdesk requests as tickets
Users will be able to raise help desk tickets from the Endpoint Central agent tray icon. These requests will be logged as tickets in the SDP ondemand server automatically. The help desk settings under Admin tab need to be configured for this feature to work. The benefits of logging help desk tickets as requests in ServiceDesk Plus on-demand are:
- Leverage single sign-on functionality and submit requests without logging in
- Send requests using predefined templates and attach supporting screenshots/videos.
- Use customizable subject lines to aid in automatic assignment of ticket
- Configure settings in Endpoint Central to log the following asset-related alerts as tickets in ServiceDesk Plus. These include alerts pertaining to:
- Recently added hardware
- Commercial software applications that have recently been installed or uninstalled
- Prohibited software applications that have recently been installed
- Software compliance issues related to expired licenses and under licensed software
If you are looking to integrate Endpoint Central cloud with ServiceDesk Plus Cloud, refer to this article.