Cisco ASA traffic monitoring
Monitoring Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) devices with EventLog Analyzer can help you sort through the loads of log traffic these devices generate. After all, logs from Cisco ASA devices—such as switches, firewalls, routers, and virtual private networks (VPNs)—contain a wealth of information that is critical to network security.
Keep track of important security-related information with EventLog Analyzer's out-of-the-box reports and alerts, including:
- Spyware threats on your network.
- Failed attempts to access your network, including their source.
- Hosts that received an unusually high amount of traffic over a particular period of time.
- Firewall errors or failures that need to be corrected.
- Users that have made numerous failed logons to your firewall.
Monitoring Cisco ASA devices with EventLog Analyzer
EventLog Analyzer is a centralized tool that provides IT compliance and log monitoring functionalities for all network devices, including Cisco ASA devices. Monitor Cisco ASA logs with EventLog Analyzer using the following features:
- UDP and TCP-based traffic monitoring.
- Over 100 out-of-the-box reports for Cisco ASA devices, covering extensive traffic-based reports.
- An intuitive, easy-to-use interface.
- Reports in graph, list, and table formats, with easy access to plain-text log information from any report entry.
- Destination and port-based traffic monitoring
- Custom reports with straightforward scheduling and exporting options.
- Real-time email and SMS alerts for all events of interest.
- Secure, tamper-free log archiving.
- Powerful log forensics that enable robust searches, with many flexible options.
Cisco ASA traffic monitoring reports
EventLog Analyzer's Cisco ASA device monitoring reports can be broadly classified into six groups for ease of access:
- Logon reports: Review all successful and failed logons to Cisco ASA devices, the hosts and users with the highest number of successful and failed logons, and logon trends.
- Traffic reports: Monitor all the connections that pass through Cisco ASA devices into your network, and identify traffic patterns based on destination, protocol, port, and trends.
- Denied connection reports: View all the connections that were denied access to your network by Cisco ASA devices, as well as traffic patterns and trends.
- Network device severity and critical reports: See all security-related critical and emergency events observed through Cisco ASA devices.
- IDS/IPS reports: Identify vulnerabilities and the source and destination devices most frequently involved in attack attempts; view an attack trend report as well.
- System event reports: View all system-related events, such as memory allocation failure, executed commands, and changes to fan status, power supply, and system temperature.
With a quick setup process and efficient reports and alerts, EventLog Analyzer is the ideal tool for monitoring and analyzing Cisco ASA Networks firewall logs.
Monitor Cisco ASA traffic with EventLog Analyzer.
Download a free trial now!