TRC Companies, Inc.
ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer enables TRC Companies, Inc. to successfully achieve SOX Compliance
TRC is a national engineering consulting and construction management firm providing integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. They serve a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to operations.
TRC has 2400+ employees spread over 70 offices and has two data centers in Arizona and New Jersey to handle the network load. Their environment consists of 40 to 50 domain controllers, 400+ Web servers, several Cisco devices (firewalls, IPS, switches, routers, etc.), ERP, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Share- Point, virtual machines, thousands of desktops (Windows, Linux) SAN storage and other business critical hardware. Their network operations team has to ensure 100% connectivity and uninterrupted functioning of their data centers and offices. As a public company, TRC's network operations team also has an additional responsibility of collecting, retaining, and reviewing terabytes of audit trail logs, generated by their network infrastructure, to support IT process controls of Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act.
TRC's network operations team was looking for:
- A vendor agnostic solution that can handle system logs from a variety of hardware
- A solution that can collect, analyze and archive huge volumes of real-time logs
- A solution that instantaneously sends alert notifications for anomalous network behavior
- A solution that provides comprehensive reports for SOX compliance audits
After evaluating several solutions in the market like GFI, Orion, and others, TRC finally chose EventLog Analyzer as their appropriate solution. One of the most critical requirements for TRC was to provide their auditors with comprehensive SOX audit reports based on management assessment of internal control. EventLog Analyzer lets TRC collect, retain and review terabytes of audit trail log data from all sources to support IT process controls of Section 404, Sarbanes-Oxley Act. These logs form the basis of the internal controls that provide enterprises like TRC with the assurance that financial and business information is factual and accurate. EventLog Analyzer’s SOX reports cover sections 302 (a)(5)(A), 302 (a)(4)(C), 302 (a)(4)(B), 302 (a)(4)(A), 302 (a)(4)(D), 302 (a)(5)(B), 302 (a)(6)
EventLog Analyzer also met with their other critical requirements, including:
- Ease of deployment
- Ease of use to achieve quicker time to value and better adoption
- Ability to process a wide range of system and application logs
- Support for other regulatory compliance reports like HIPAA, PCI, GLBA, etc…
- Automatic scheduling of reports
- Ad Hoc reporting capabilities for Security Information Event Management
- Availability of real-time phone and email support and rapid responses to queries to ensure minimal down time
- Lower TCO with minimal investment in additional hardware
- Deployment was completed under an hour and log collection was almost instantaneous
- The first set of reports were available to system engineers almost immediately
- The canned SOX Compliance reports met their auditors stringent requirements
- EventLog Analyzer GUI was so user friendly that network operations team were able to effortlessly generate their own reports without any technical assistance
- Network anomalies and aberrant behavior were easily detected
- The availability of SMS and Email alert notification allows the operations team to immediately respond to security threats
- The significant amount of IT operations time that EventLog Analyzer saves for TRC has enabled them to focus on efficiently managing their production environment, handle complex configuration management challenges
"We chose ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer over other solutions because it was the only solution that provided us with predefined report templates for Sarbanes- Oxley (SOX) Act which helps us meet our audit requirements"
Manager Enterprise Systems & Network Security,
TRC Companies, Inc.