Integrating with AssetExplorer
What are the benefits of integrating Endpoint Central with Asset Explorer?
AssetExplorer aids you with complete lifecycle management of IT assets and Endpoint Central is a unified endpoint management solution for managing and securing endpoints from one central location. The Endpoint Central - AssetExplorer integration empowers your IT help desk engineers with comprehensive asset details of endpoints.
Businesses can acquire advantages from this integration in the following ways:
- Real time Asset Management
- IT Visibility and Control
- Actionable Insights
Endpoint Central will post the inventory details immediately to AssetExplorer in the following scenarios :
- During every system startup
- User logon
- After every successful scan (manual & scheduled)
- Whenever a new software application is installed/uninstalled
How to integrate Endpoint Central with Asset Explorer?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to integrate Endpoint Central with AssetExplorer:
- Login to Endpoint Central console, and navigate to Admin > Integrations > ServiceDesk Plus settings > choose AssetExplorer under ManageEngine products.
- Enter the Server name/ IP address/DNS name and the Server Port number.
- Select the Communication Protocol as HTTP or HTTPS.
- Generate API Key to integrate with AssetExplorer
- Select the desired features that you wish to enable using this integration, and click on Save to finish the integration.
To perform integration from AssetExplorer console,
- Navigate to AssetExplorer console and click the gear icon
- Click on Apps & Add-ons > Integrations.
- Select UEM products settings under ManageEngine settings.
- Enter the Application Name
- Furnish the Server name and the Server Port numberr.
- Select the Protocol Settings as HTTP or HTTPS.
- Generate API key to integrate with Endpoint Central and click Test Connection and Save.
You have successfully integrated Endpoint Central with AssetExplorer.
Resources to aid the integration: