Integrating with AssetExplorer
AssetExplorer is ManageEngine's flagship product for complete lifecycle management of IT assets, and ManageEngine Desktop Central is a unified endpoint management solution for managing and securing endpoints such as desktops, laptops, mobile devices, tablets, servers, and point-of-sale devices from a single console. Desktop Central - AssetExplorer integration lets you:
- Real-time IT asset management - be notified of every minute change in hardware/software inventory
- Fetch granular asset details of all the computers and mobile devices in your network
- Procure accurate and comprehensive IT asset information
Desktop Central is an agent-based solution, and therefore, integrating Desktop Central with AssetExplorer will yield accurate asset details periodically. Desktop Central will post the inventory details immediately to AssetExplorer in the following scenarios :
- During every system startup
- User logon
- After every successful scan (manual & scheduled)
- Whenever a new software application is installed/uninstalled
Steps to integrate
Follow the below-mentioned steps to integrate Desktop Central with AssetExplorer:
- Login to Desktop Central console, and navigate to Admin > Integrations > ServiceDesk Plus settings > choose AssetExplorer under ManageEngine products.
- Furnish the server name/ IP address/DNS name, and the port number.
- Select the communication type as HTTP or HTTPS.
- Select the desired features that you wish to enable using this integration, and click on Save to finish the integration.
You have successfully integrated Desktop Central with AssetExplorer.