Asset data sync for Endpoint Central - ServiceNow integration
This document sheds light on the steps to be followed for syncing asset data between Endpoint Central and ServiceNow. For integrating ServiceNow using Endpoint Central plug-in app, refer the Endpoint Central - ServiceNow integration document.
Prerequisites for posting asset data to CMDB
Before integrating Endpoint Central with ServiceNow for posting asset data to CMDB, make sure you follow the steps mentioned below from ServiceNow console.
- Ensure that you have an account in ServiceNow and Endpoint Central.
- Ensure that the user has privileges to read and write SOAP requests. This is needed since the data transferred from Endpoint Central to ServiceNow would be in SOAP format. Follow the below given steps to provide SOAP privileges to user:
- Open ServiceNow console and search for User administration using the filter navigator available on the left pane.
- Select Users under User administration > under User ID, choose the user for whom you want to provide SOAP privileges.
- Navigate to Roles and choose Edit option.
- Under collections, select SOAP, user_admin and Asset, and add it under Roles list.
- Click Save.
- Ensure that you have enabled Insert multiple web service plug-insat ServiceNow for seamless connection. This will help in transferring huge asset data from Endpoint Central to ServiceNow. Follow the below given steps to enable this option at ServiceNow:
- Open System Definition plug-ins and search for Insert multiple web service
- Right click on the plug-in name from the list and select Activate/Upgrade.
- Ensure that the user can assess Tables via web services. This access is required to read and write data from ServiceNow. This access should be provided for table names - cmdb_ci_computer, cmdb_ci_spkg, cmdb_software_instance, core_company, cmdb_ci_network_adapter. Follow the below-mentioned steps to provide access from ServiceNow:
- Open System Definition plug-ins and select Tables.
- In the search box, enter the table nameas given above.
- Navigate to Application Access tab and enable Allow access to table via web services checkbox.
- Select Update.
All the data from Endpoint Central will be synchronized with ServiceNow once the Inventory scan is completed.
Steps to be performed from Endpoint Central
Perform the steps mentioned below from Endpoint Central console:
- Enter the ServiceNow URL and furnish the ServiceNow user name and password.
- Click on "Next", and under Features to be integrated, enable the checkboxes for:
- Integrating asset data of computers
- Automatically assigning ownership for workstation
You have successfully integrated Endpoint Central with ServiceNow for asset data posting.
Click here to watch the video on Asset data sync: