Configuring System Preferences
This document will explain the steps involved in configuring System Preferences to computer. Administrators can choose to configure the System Preferences, which need to restricted on the computer. When this configuration is applied to computer, the Preferences forced by the administrator cannot be modified by the user.
The following steps will explain you on how to deploy "System Preferences" to computer:
- From Configurations tab, navigate to Add Configurations -> Configuration -> Mac.
- Select System Preferences and choose Computer
- Specify the name and description for the configuration
- Specify the System Preferences, which needs to be restricted for the computer.
- Define the target
- Specify retry options if required and deploy the configuration
You have successfully created a configuration to mount System Preferences for the computers.
The following system preferences can be restricted:
- Personal - contains preferences like, Display & Screen Saver, Dock, Displays, Energy Saver, General, Language & Text, Notifications, Security & Privacy and Spotlight
- Network - contains preferences like, Bluetooth, Network and Sharing
- Account - contains preferences like, App Store, Fibre Channel, iCloud, Ink, Internet Accounts, MobileMe and Xsan
- Hardware - contains preferences like, CDs & DVDs, Keyboard, Mouse, Print & Scan, Sound and Track
- System - contains preferences like, Accessibility, Date & Time, Dictation & Speech, Parental Controls, Profiles, Software Update, Startup Disk, Time Machine and Users & Groups
- App - contains preferences like, Flash Player and Java