Creating Custom Reports
In addition to the out-of-the-box reports, Desktop Central allows you to create custom reports by specifying the criteria and selecting the required parameters. Follow the steps below to create a custom report using Desktop Central:
- Select the Reports tab from the Desktop Central Client.
- Click on Custom Reports. This opens the Custom Report page.
- Specify the name for the report.
- Select the Module. This is currently available only for the Asset Management module and will be extended for other modules in our subsequent updates.
- Select the Sub Module as Computer, Hardware or Software.
- Specify the criteria for generating the report. You can specify multiple criteria by clicking the "+" icon
- Select the Columns to view in the report. You can change the position of the columns by using the up and down arrow icons.
- Click on Run & Save button to save the report permanently. (or) Click Run Report if just a temporary report is needed.
Note: If you choose the Run Report option, you can edit the report and later on save the same. Likewise if you intend to make any changes to a saved report, you can make use of the Edit option in the Custom Report Page.
- You have an option to save this report in PDF and CSV formats.
Click here to watch the video: