H3C network and firewall log analysing software
In network security, it helps to have as many data points as possible; so, whenever you're assessing a log management tool, it's important to consider the number of log formats it supports.
EventLog Analyzer, in addition to being a comprehensive log management tool, has a robust selection of network security features. In order to ensure the complete security of your IT environment, the tool supports over 40 different log formats out-of-the-box, including logs from H3C firewalls and switches.
If your network has H3C network devices installed, you definitely need a log management tool that provides vivid descriptions of the transactions happening through the network devices. EventLog Analyzer gets this done by breaking the logs into smaller pieces and preparing reports from them.
The following are H3C reports from EventLog Analyzer that security administrators find particularly useful:
- Firewall allowed and denied connections. These reports provide an in-depth view of the connections going through a network. Anomalous activity can be identified from a spike in the number of connections denied from a particular account.
- Successful and failed logon reports. These reports are useful for monitoring logons, which are one of the first things looked at during forensic analysis. The failed logons report gives a full representation of malicious users trying to gain access to the network.
- Firewall rules management reports. As firewall rules determine which users get into the network, these rules need constant monitoring. These reports keep administrators up to speed on what's been happening with those rules.
- Severity reports. These reports classify events based on their severity level, helping administrators prioritize and attend to events that have the potential to turn into catastrophe.
- System event reports. These reports give administrators information, such as device temperature, fan status, memory and CPU usage, power usage, and system reboots, which are necessary to monitor the well-being of devices.
Track activity happening in your H3C devices.
Download a free trial now!