Instructions to Apply HotFix
- If EventLog Analyzer has been installed as a root user in a Linux machine, continue with the below procedure logged in as a root user itself.
- After applying this HotFix, the EventLog Analyzer build number will change to 4011.
Follow steps 1 through 8 to apply the hotfix and start working with EventLog Analyzer Build 4011.
- Shut down EventLog Analyzer server. If EventLog Analyzer is running as a service, stop the service also.
- Please wait for a few moments till the server/service terminates completely
- Execute the UpdateManager.bat/.sh file present in the <EventLogAnalyzer_Home>/bin directory.
- Click Browse and select the .PPM file (HotFix) that you have downloaded.
- Click Install to install the hotfix.
- Wait until the hotfix is fully installed.
- Click Close and then click Exit to exit the Update Manager tool.
- Start the EventLog Analyzer server.
The hotfix is now installed, and you can start working with Build 4011 of EventLog Analyzer.
This HotFix contains the following bug fixes & enhancements
- Alerts for Host Groups were not working properly.
- Custom Report creation time out issue.
- Creation of new reports and DB filters affected due to presence of whitespace characters in Group Names.
- Incorrect time stamps for archived files.
- Log collection issue for Windows NT machines.
- Instability while handling large event log message descriptions.
- Handling special characters while mailing alerts.
- Reports can be exported to .pdf or .zip format.
How do I find out my Build number?
Log in to the EventLog Analyzer web client, and click the About link in the top pane. You will find the build number mentioned below the build version. This is the build number of the currently installed EventLog Analyzer.
Contact EventLog Analyzer Support for any assistance with applying the hotfix for build 4010.