Monitor AWS EC2 Windows Instance Logs
EventLog Analyzer can monitor logs from the cloud infrastructure specifically, EC2 Windows instance. With this the product addresses all the three flavors of network infrastructure for security log monitoring. The flavors are, physical, virtual, and cloud
The procedure to configure the feature is given below:
Requisites for EC2 Windows instance log monitoring
Ensure that your EC2 Windows instance can be accessed from EventLog Analyzer server
Procedure to install
- Download the EventLog Analyzer AWS agent (EventLogAgent.msi) in the EC2 Windows instance from the given URL:
- Install the agent with EventLog Analyzer server details
- Welcome screen with copyright protection message appears
- Asks for confirmation for agent installation
- Enter the server details such as, Server Name or Server IP Adress, Server Database (chooses from PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL), Server Protocol (choose HTTP or HTTPS), AWS Instance (choose Yes if agent installation is on AWS, No if it is not), Server Port (mention the HTTP/HTTPS server port, default port will be 8400)
- EventLog Analyzer agent is installed as a service in AWS Windows instance.
- Check whether the service is running
EC2 server name is resolved from the IP address provided
You can check the AWS instance is displayed in both 'Hosts' sub tab and Agent Administration settings page.
After five minutes you can watch the reports rolling out for AWS instance.
- Install one agent on each EC2 Windows server instance
- You should not associate other EC2 server instances with EC2 agent