Print server log monitoring
Organizations typically host one or more print servers in a central location to manage the printing needs of employees. It's critical to monitor any place where information may be taken out of the company, and print servers are no exception. It is also important to ensure smooth running of the print server to maintain efficiency of the printing process. Monitoring print server logs can help achieve these goals by offering the following benefits:
- Ensure no sensitive documents are printed.
- Flag attempts to print without sufficient permission.
- Identify failed print jobs and their causes.
- Discover patterns and trends in employees' printing habits.
Windows print server auditing with EventLog Analyzer
- EventLog Analyzer comprehensively manages and reports on your Windows print server logs.
- Predefined reports on print server logs are provided to track all activity on the print server.
- Trend and top N reports present notable patterns in printer activity.
- The reports are available in table, list, and graphical formats, with support for several graph types.
- Real-time alerts (through SMS, email) can be set up to notify administrators when any important events occur.
- Log forensics features help you search through your logs to investigate an event of your choice.
Windows print server reporting with EventLog Analyzer
EventLog Analyzer's print server log reports help you in several ways:
- Track every print job that passes through the server with information about the document printed and the user who printed it.
- Apart from being printed, documents may also be moved, deleted, paused, resumed, or have their priority changed. Reports are provided to cover each of these actions.
- Identify all failed print jobs and their cause, such as a time out or corrupted document.
- Identify any users who attempt to print documents with insufficient privilege.
- Discover the most frequently printed documents, both overall and by user.
- Trend reports detail overall printer activity.
Documents Printed | Deleted documents | Timed out documents | Moved Documents | Resumed Documents | Paused documents | Corrupted documents | Documents' priority changes | Insufficient Privilege to Print Documents | Top printed documents based on users | Top printed documents | Printer Activity trend | Failed Printer Activity Trend
Analyze application log from IIS and Apache web servers, Oracle & MS SQL databases, DHCP Windows and Linux applications and more. Mitigate application security attacks with reports & real-time alerts.
Analyze event log data to detect security events such as file/folder changes, registry changes, and more. Study DDoS, Flood, Syn, and Spoof attacks in detail with predefined reports.
EventLog Analyzer collects and analyzes log data from Linux/Unix servers to provide on-the-fly reports that help detecting suspicious behaviors, anomalous syslog activities, and more.
Comply with the stringent requirements of regulatory mandates viz., PCI DSS, FISMA, HIPAA, and more with predefined reports & alerts. Customize existing reports or build new reports to meet internal security needs.
Monitor all types of log data from Active Directory infrastructure. Track failure incidents in real-time and build custom reports to monitor specific Active Directory events of your interest.
Centrally monitor & audit IIS web server logs. data. Secure IIS servers by detecting anomalous events with instant email/SMS alerts. Get predefined reports on server errors and attacks.
Need Features? Tell Us
If you want to see additional features implemented in EventLog Analyzer, we would love to hear. Click here to continue