To secure and harden your network, you first have to know what's happening in it. System logs, or syslogs, generated by the devices in your network can help you keep up to date with activities in your network. Your network generates thousands of syslogs everyday, but without a centralized logging system, ensuring security becomes impossible.
EventLog Analyzer collects, filters, and organizes syslog messages generated by devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, and Unix/Linux servers on your network. It enables you to set up real-time alerts via SMS or email for certain events to notify you on the threats present in your network. With the comprehensive yet easy-to-follow reports and dashboards, you can visualize potential issues in your network infrastructure. These insights offered by EventLog Analyzer, will help you detect intrusions in your network early, before they cause harm.
Syslog monitoring in EventLog Analyzer.
EventLog Analyzer functions as a central repository for logs from multiple sources and features several components:
- A syslog listener–The listener in EventLog Analzyer gathers and processes syslog data sent over UDP or TCP port 514.
- A database–EventLog Analyzer comes bundled with the PostgreSQL database to archive and store the log data collected from monitored network devices.
- Log parser–EventLog Analyzer ingests the massive amount of log data generated by a network and filters out the noise to find specific log entries that are important. In the process, it extracts messages based on specific parameters such as a critical event or a device name.
Advantages of syslog monitoring.
Implementing effective syslog monitoring with EventLog Analyzer facilitates:
- Increased security
- Awareness of network infrastructure problems
- Fast detection of network outages and protocol failures
Real-time syslog monitoring is a cinch with EventLog Analyzer.
Your download is in progress and it will be completed in just a few seconds!
If you face any issues, download manually here