Apache HTTP server log analysis
The log data generated by your Apache HTTP server is a goldmine of information. Using this information, you can judge your server's usage, pinpoint areas of weakness, and devise ways to improve server structure and overall performance. Auditing your Apache logs can come in handy in the following cases, among others:
- Identifying and correcting frequent errors to enhance user experience.
- Monitoring anomalous or suspicious activity, which can be investigated further.
- Understanding who your users are and how they access your site.
- Preempting security attacks on your server.
Auditing Apache HTTP servers with EventLog Analyzer
- EventLog Analyzer can audit and analyze your Apache web server.
- Real-time alerts (through SMS, email) enable administrators to manage the site's security proactively.
- Predefined Apache web server reports that cover all your Apache reporting needs are organized into three report groups (Top Reports, Error Reports, and Attack Reports) for better comprehension and ease of access.
- The reports comprise a set of trend and top N reports that present an overview of server activity and uncover interesting usage patterns.
- The reports are available in table, list, and graphical formats, with support for several graph types.
- Correlation rules help identify any suspicious activity.
- The reports dashboard allows administrators to drill down to the raw data.
- The solution supports Apache versions 1.3, 2.0, 2.2, 2.3.5.
Apache web server top reports
- Discover the most frequently occurring errors and take steps to correct them.
- Identify the most popular pages in your website to get insight into user response.
- Understand who is accessing your site most often, and how they discover your site.
HTTP Status Success | HTTP Bad Gateway | HTTP Internal Server Error | HTTP Gateway Timeout | HTTP Request URI Too Large | HTTP Unsupported Media Type | HTTP Request Entity Too Large | HTTP Forbidden | HTTP Server Not Found | HTTP Request Timeout | HTTP Bad Request | HTTP Unauthorized | Information Reports | Success Reports | Redirection Reports | Client Errors | Server Errors
Apache web server error reports
- EventLog Analyzer collects information about a set of HTTP errors and presents them in a separate predefined report.
- Easily investigate the occurrences of any particular error and delve into their cause(s) using the product's log forensics capabilities.
- View client and server side errors to understand where most problems occur.
Top Visitors | Top Users | Top URL | Top Browsers | Top Errors | Top Referrers | Apache Server Trend | Apache Reports Overview
Apache web server attack reports
- Website administrators must always be on the lookout for certain common attacks such as SQL injection attacks and malicious URL requests.
- EventLog Analyzer reports on the occurrence of such attacks and can instantly notify admins about potential threats.
SQL Injection reports | Cross site scripting reports | Directory Traversal | Malicious URL Request