Viewing Applicable Patches
The Applicable Patches view provides the details of the patches that
affects the applications/systems in your network. The patch list also
include the patches that are already installed in your network.
To view the list of the applicable patches, click the Patch
Mgmt tab. You can filter the view based on the application and
service pack by selecting the appropriate product and service pack.
The network snapshot depicts the health and patch status of the systems
in the network.
The details of the applicable patches shown in the tabular form include:
- Patch ID:
A unique reference ID in Desktop Central for every patch
- Bulletin ID:
The advisory article provided by the vendor which contains information
about the vulnerability and patch availability. Clicking this link, will
lead you to the Bulletin
Details view, which provides more info about the Bulletin and
- Patch Name:
The name of the patch. Clicking this link, will lead you to the Patch
Details view, which provides more details about the patch.
- Patch Description: A brief description about the patch.
- Patch Type: Refers to whether this patch applies to Microsoft OS/Applications or Non-Microsoft Applications like Adobe, Java, etc.
Determines the importance of the patch. These severity ratings are as
per the bulletin or advisory information.
- Approve Status: This refers to whether the patch has been approved for bulk deployment via Automated Patch Deployment. This is significant only if you have enabled Patch Approval prior to buld deployment. You can also approve or decline a patch by selecting the appropriate option from the "Mark As" menu.
- Release Date: Refers to the date of release of the patch by the vendor.
- Download Status: Refers to the status of the patch download on the Desktop Central Server.
- Affected Systems:
Refers to the total count of the systems that require this patch to be
installed. This also includes the systems where the patch has already
- Installed Systems:
Refers to the count of the systems where the patch has been installed.
- Missing Systems:
Refers to the count of the systems that do not have the patches installed
- Failed Systems: Refers to the number of systems on which the patch deployment has failed. Clicking the count will list the details of the failed computers, from where you can redeploy.
You can install the patches by selecting the patches to be installed and by clicking the Install Patches button.
This will open the Installing
Patches Configuration, with the selected patches added. Select the
targets and deploy the configuration.
You can also click the Missing Systems count from where you can select the required systems and select Install Patches to deploy.
Bulletin details includes the following:
- Bulletin ID: The advisory article provided by
the vendor which contains information about the vulnerability and patch
- Posted On: The date of release of this bulletin.
- Updated On: The date of last update to this bulletin.
- FAQ Page: Links to the FAQ section in the Microsoft
site for this bulletin.
- Q Number: Links to the knowledge base article
available in the Microsoft web site.
- Issue: Details of the related issue.
- Bulletin Summary: A brief summary of the bulletin.
- Patch Details: The name of the patch and the affected
The following patch details are shown:
- Patch ID: A unique reference ID in Desktop Central
for every patch
- Patch Name: The name of the patch
- Bulletin ID: The Bulletin ID pertaining to this
- MS Knowledge Base: The knowledge base article
corresponding to this patch.
- Severity: The severity of the patch.
- Reboot: Specifies whether a system reboot is required
on installing the patch.
- Download Status: Determines whether the patch
is downloaded from the net (vendor site) and is made available in the
Desktop Central's Patch Repository for deployment.
- Location Path: The complete download URL of the
- Superseding Bulletin ID: Refers to the Bulletin
ID pertaining to the patch that has taken its place.
- BugTraq ID:
It also provides the details of the changes made to the files and registries on installing this patch.
Copyright © 2005-2013, ZOHO Corp
. All Rights Reserved.