Viewing Missing Patches
The Missing Patches view provides the details of the patches that affects
the applications/ systems in your network, which are not installed.
To view the list of the missing patches, click the Missing
Patches link under the Patch Mgmt
tab. You can filter the view based on the application and service pack
by selecting the appropriate product and service pack.
The severity of the missing patches are depicted in a graph.
The details of the missing patches shown in the tabular format include:
- Patch ID:
A unique reference ID in Desktop Central for every patch
- Bulletin ID:
The advisory article provided by the vendor which contains information
about the vulnerability and patch availability. Clicking this link, will
lead you to the Bulletin
Details view, which provides more info about the Bulletin and
- Patch Name:
The name of the patch. Clicking this link, will lead you to the Patch
Details view, which provides more details about the patch.
- Patch Description: A brief description about the patch.
- Patch Type: Refers to whether this patch applies to Microsoft OS/Applications or Non-Microsoft Applications like Adobe, Java, etc.
Determines the importance of the patch. These severity ratings are as
per the bulletin or advisory information.
- Approve Status: This refers to whether the patch has been approved for bulk deployment via Automated Patch Deployment. This is significant only if you have enabled Patch Approval prior to buld deployment. You can also approve or decline a patch by selecting the appropriate option from the "Mark As" menu.
- Release Date: Refers to the date of release of the patch by the vendor.
- Download Status: Refers to the status of the patch download on the Desktop Central Server.
- Affected Systems:
Refers to the total count of the systems that require this patch to be
installed. This also includes the systems where the patch has already
- Installed Systems:
Refers to the count of the systems where the patch has been installed.
- Missing Systems:
Refers to the count of the systems that do not have the patches installed
- Failed Systems: Refers to the number of systems on which the patch deployment has failed. Clicking the count will list the details of the failed computers, from where you can redeploy.
You can install the patches by selecting the patches to be installed and by
clicking the Install Patches button.
This will open the Installing
Patches Configuration, with the selected patches added. Select the
targets and deploy the configuration.
You can also click the Missing Systems count from where you can select the required systems and select Install Patches to deploy.
Copyright © 2005-2013, ZOHO Corp
. All Rights Reserved.