Take Control of Apache Tomcat Servers
Monitor Tomcat servers in your network using Applications Manager - It helps you to monitor your Java applications running on the Tomcat Java Application Server. You can monitor performance, availability, and usage statistics of Tomcat Servers. Apache Tomcat Monitoring provides detailed information about the Tomcat server and every web application deployed in it. ManageEngine Applications Manager helps analyze Tomcat performance and availability problems.
Tomcat Monitoring and management capabilities include
- Tomcat Performance Tuning
- Tomcat Fault Management
- Tomcat capacity planning
- Troubleshooting Tomcat Performance
- Tomcat JVM Monitoring
Web Transaction Statistics
The Web Transaction Analyzer that comes with ManageEngine Applications Manager allows you to view Java method level breakup of response times. It enables end to end Web Transaction monitoring, from URL to SQL queries of a web application. Application Admins can easily troubleshoot problem areas by obtaining the slow URLs and take a look at the trace (method level) all the way to the SQL query. Get more info on Java/J2EE Web Transaction Monitor (APM Insight).
Performance monitoring of Tomcat also involves delivering comprehensive fault management and proactive alarm notifications, checking for impending problems, triggering appropriate actions, and gathering performance data for planning, analysis, and reporting.
Applications Manager Tomcat Performance monitoring gives the following metrics:
- Response Time Details
- Memory Usage that help troubleshoot Tomcat JVM performance
- Thread Details that help understand how the Tomcat Java runtime performs
- Response Summary
- Application Summary and Details
- JDBC connection pool manager details
- Individual web application and utilization details.
- Servlet performance and load
- Requests Per Minute for the Tomcat Server
- Per JSP level Requests per Minute and Response Time
Tomcat Management Capabilities Summary
- Out-of-the-box management of Tomcat availability and performance - checks if it is running and executing requests.
- Monitoring Tomcat over SSL is supported.
- Monitors performance statistics such as JVM memory usage, user sessions, etc. alarms can be configured for these parameters.
- Based on the thresholds configured, notifications and alarms are generated. Actions are executed automatically based on configurations.
- Collected performance data such as JVM, session, servlets can be visualized in real-time in custom dashboards.
- Performance graphs and reports are available instantly. Grouping of reports, customized reports, and graphs based on date is available.
For more information, refer Tomcat Monitoring Online Help.