Monitoring Mac OS Made Easy
Applications Manager monitors Mac System's performance. First, Applications Manager discovers each Mac OS machine and then monitors the CPU activity, memory utilization, disk utilization, etc.,
The Mac OS Management feature optimizes Mac OS system performance, delivers comprehensive management reports and ensures availability through automated event detection and correction. Applications Manager also monitors processes that are running in the Mac OS system.
Some of the components that are monitored in Mac OS are:
||Monitor CPU usage - check if CPUs are running at full capacity or are they being underutilized.
||Avoid the problem of your windows system running out of memory. Get notified when the memory usage is high (or memory is dangerously low).
||Maintain a margin of available disk space. Get notified when the disk space falls below the margin. You can also run your own programs/scripts to clear disk clutter when thresholds are crossed.
||Monitor critical processes running in your system. Get notified when a particular process fails.
Mac OS Monitoring Capabilities
- Out-of-the-box management of Mac OS availability and performance.
- Monitors performance statistics such as CPU utilization, memory utilization, disk utilization, and response time.
- Mode of monitoring includes Telnet , SNMP and SSH.
- Monitors processes running in Mac OS systems.
- Based on the thresholds configured, notifications and alarms are generated if the Mac OS system or any specified attribute within the system has problems. Actions are executed automatically based on configurations.
- Performance graphs and reports are available instantly. Reports can be grouped and displayed based on availability, health, and connection time.
- Delivers both historical and current Mac OS performance metrics, delivering insight into the performance over a period of time.
For more information, refer to Mac OS Monitoring Online Help.