Take Control of WebSphere Management
WebSphere Server is one of the leading J2EE™ Application servers in today’s marketplace. Applications Manager, a tool for monitoring the performance and availability of applications and servers helps in IBM WebSphere Management.
WebSphere monitoring involves delivering comprehensive fault management and proactive alarm notifications, checking for impending problems, triggering appropriate actions, and gathering performance data for planning, analysis, and reporting.
Some of the components that can be monitored in WebSphere are:
- JVM Memory Usage
- Server Response Time
- CPU Utilization
- Metrics of all web applications
- User Sessions and Details
- Enterprise JavaBeans (EJBs)
- Thread Pools
- Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) Pools
- Custom Application MBeans (JMX) attributes
WebSphere Management Capabilities
- Out-of-the-box management of WebSphere availability and performance - checks if it is running and executing requests.
- WebSphere Monitoring in Network Deployment mode is provided
- Monitors performance statistics such as database connection pool, JVM memory usage, user sessions, etc. alarms can be configured for these parameters.
- Based on the thresholds configured, notifications and alarms are generated. Actions are executed automatically based on configurations.
- Performance graphs and reports are available instantly. Grouping of reports, customized reports and graphs based on date is available.
For more information, refer WebSphere Monitoring Online Help.