Monitoring FreeBSD Made Easy
Applications Manager monitors the performance of FreeBSD Systems. First, Applications Manager discovers each FreeBSD machine and then monitors the CPU activity, complete memory utilization, and local and remote system statistics.
The FreeBSD Management feature optimizes FreeBSD system performance, delivers comprehensive management reports and ensures availability through automated event detection and correction. Applications Manager also monitors processes that are running in the FreeBSD system.
Some of the components that are monitored in FreeBSD are:
||Monitor CPU usage - check if CPUs are running at full capacity or are they being underutilized.
||Avoid the problem of your windows system running out of memory. Get notified when the memory usage is high (or memory is dangerously low).
||Maintain a margin of available disk space. Get notified when the disk space falls below the margin. You can also run your own programs/scripts to clear disk clutter when thresholds are crossed.
||Monitor critical processes running in your system. Get notified when a particular process fails.
FreeBSD Monitoring Capabilities
- Out-of-the-box management of FreeBSD availability and performance.
- Monitors performance statistics such as CPU utilization, memory utilization, disk utilization, and response time.
- Mode of monitoring includes Telnet , SNMP and SSH.
- Monitors processes running in FreeBSD systems.
- Based on the thresholds configured, notifications and alarms are generated if the FreeBSD system or any specified attribute within the system has problems. Actions are executed automatically based on configurations.
- Performance graphs and reports are available instantly. Reports can be grouped and displayed based on availability, health, and connection time.
- Delivers both historical and current FreeBSD performance metrics, delivering insight into the performance over a period of time.
- Monitors memory usage and detects top consumers of memory.
For more information, refer to FreeBSD Monitoring Online Help.