Monitoring HP-Unix / Tru64 Unix Made Easy
Applications Manager monitors the performance of HP-Unix / Tru 64 Unix Systems. First, Applications Manager discovers each HP-Unix / Tru64 Unix machine and then monitors the CPU activity, complete memory utilization, and local and remote system statistics.
The HP-UX / Tru64 Management feature optimizes HP-UX / Tru64 Unix system performance, delivers comprehensive management reports and ensures availability through automated event detection and correction. Applications Manager also monitors processes that are running in the HP-UX / Tru64 systems.
Some of the components that are monitored in HP-Unix / Tru64 are:
||Monitor CPU usage - check if CPUs are running at full capacity or are they being underutilized.
||Avoid the problem of your windows system running out of memory. Get notified when the memory usage is high (or memory is dangerously low).
||Maintain a margin of available disk space. Get notified when the disk space falls below the margin. You can also run your own programs/scripts to clear disk clutter when thresholds are crossed.
||Monitor critical processes running in your system. Get notified when a particular process fails.
HP-Unix / Tru 64 Unix Monitoring Capabilities
- Out-of-the-box management of HP-Unix / Tru64 availability and performance.
- Monitors performance statistics such as CPU utilization, memory utilization, disk utilization, and response time.
- Mode of monitoring includes Telnet and SSH.
- Monitors processes running in HP-Unix / Tru64 systems.
- Based on the thresholds configured, notifications and alarms are generated if the HP-Unix / Tru64 system or any specified attribute within the system has problems. Actions are executed automatically based on configurations.
- Performance graphs and reports are available instantly. Reports can be grouped and displayed based on availability, health, and connection time.
- Delivers both historical and current HP-Unix performance metrics, delivering insight into the performance over a period of time.
- Monitors memory usage and detects top consumers of memory.
For more information, refer to HP-Unix / Tru64 Monitoring Online Help.