Unable to bind rootDSE
This error occurs when Exchange Reporter Plus is not able to bind to the rootDSE, the root of the directory data. Exchange Reporter Plus tries to bind using the port 389. Hence the possible causes for this error include
- The configured Global Catalog Server could not be pinged from the installed machine or the Global Catalog Server might be down.
- Firewall has been enabled and port 389 is closed.
- Unknown username or Bad password provided in the Organization Settings page.
- Confirm if you are able to ping the Global Catalog Server from the machine where Exchange Reporter is installed.
- Exchange Reporter Plus uses port 389 for LDAP connection. If firewall is enabled, ensure that the port 389 is added to the exception list.
- Verify the correctness of Username and Password entered in the organization settings page.
Need further assistance? Fill this form, and we'll contact you rightaway.