Visualize your network using OpManager network diagram software
Diagrammatic visualization of network helps in better understanding of network design and thus makes network management more effective. Most organizations use other tools like Visio to represent their network diagramatically. The problem here is that these tools offer only a static representation of the network structure. Its contribution to a more effective network management is very limited.
The network diagramming tool offered by OpManager helps large and enterprise level businesses simplify their network management process by visualizing the network in real time with the help of powerful network diagram tools.
Highlights of network diagramming software:
- Obtain a geographical visualization of the network : Network diagram software help form a clear visual image of the network by associating them with real world geographical entities.
- Easily view the status of network devices: The color code schemes in a network diagram provide an at-a-glance view of the status of the network devices. Additional information about a network device can be obtained just by hovering the mouse over the device in the network diagram.
- Easy to identify & troubleshoot faults: Network diagrams provide a parent-child visualization of the network. Identifying and troubleshooting faults become a lot easier with such a visual representation of the network architecture.
- Understand the criticality of network faults: Whenever a network fault occurs, the network diagram helps you to analyze the criticality of the fault by allowing the user to view the affected device and also the network devices that are connected to the affected device. Therefore a network topology diagram makes network troubleshooting easier.
- A network diagram map enables better network forecasting and planning: Representing various components of the network such as routers, switches & rack servers in the form of a network diagram helps in planning your network architecture.
- The Network Diagramming resources inbuilt in OpManager are simple and user-friendly. Thus it enables the IT admin to create a visual arrangement of the network for better network monitoring and fault management.
Network diagram tools in OpManager
OpManager provides the following network diagram tools to help you visualize your network and thereby simplify the network management process
- Business Views
- 3D floor views
- Rack Views
- Layer2 Maps
Layer2 Maps - A diagrammatic representation of your network topology
OpManager's Layer2 Maps feature serves as a network topology software and helps you understand the underlying logical topology of your network by representing it diagrammatically.
This network diagramming software - Layer2 Maps has the following powerful attributes.
- Provides a better visualization of the physical topology of your network.
- Beneficial when a device in your network runs into issues - you can easily identify the devices and interfaces that will be affected.
- By using this network diagram map tool you can save the map as a business view and even export it as a Visio. You can also generate a printable version of the Layer2 Map.
- Layer2 devices get automatically mapped when a layer2 discovery is done. So you need not worry about creating / editing a Layer2 map every time a layer2 device is added / discovered.
Business Views - Group devices based on the business they cater:
Of all the ways you would visually classify the devices in your network, their business use is one of the most important.
Business view is a powerful network diagram tool in OpManager that allows you to visually organize the devices in your network based on the business needs that they cater to. With business views you can :
- Visually group devices that belong to a particular business.
- View live link status between two network devices.
- View the device details of all the individual devices in the business view from a single console.
- Drill down to the snapshot details of the individual devices in the business view in just a click.
- View network traffic from SNMP & netflow.
Maps - Visualize the critical devices in your network geographically
OpManager's map is a network diagram software tool which can be used to represent the location of your servers and other important devices geographically. Apart from this you can use the map tool to:
- Get a clear view of the geographical distribution of your network
- Embed critical network devices to their real world locations either using Google maps or Zoho maps.
- View the status of the devices in a particular geographical location in the map.
- Instantly view the device snapshots of the devices embedded on the map with just a click.
- Create a network map diagram on your user interface.
Network diagrams for HyperV, VMware & Xen devices
OpManager automatically creates network diagrams (in the form of maps) for VMware VCenter, VM's, HyperV & Xen hypervisors and their guest & host machines. It also stores network topology diagrams in the corresponding tabs under map menu for easy access.
3D floor views : Diagramatically represent the servers & switches in your network
Maintainance and management of servers is a crucial part of network administration. The 3D rack view which is a Network Infrastructure Diagram Tool helps you simplify the server management process by diagrammatically visualizing the servers and switches in your network. You can use the 3D rack view tool to do the following :
- Create 3D views of the switches and servers in each floor of your data center or server rooms.
- Obtain a visual image of your server floors / server rooms, thereby making it easier to identify probable locations while installing new servers or switches.
- View the status of the servers / switches in your floors / server rooms.
- Easily identify faulty servers / switches in your floors with the help of color codes.
3D Rack view - Create virtual racks
The 3D rack view tool enables you to create virtual racks - either similar to the ones in your actual server room or custom racks that will help you in your network management process, and populate devices onto it.
This 3D rack view builder one of the network diagram tools in OpManager, makes your life as a network administrator simpler in the following ways:
- Creating a virtual 3D rack for a group of network devices serving a common business purpose helps you organize and manage them easily.
- 3D racks provide you a topographical visualization of a set of devices in the network. - You can populate devices to a virtual rack in a particular order - which provides greater understanding of the network architecture.
- 3D racks also allow you to visualize the racks in your datacenters in their exact physical arrangement. This makes data center management much easier.
- You can easily identify issues in the individual devices in these racks using color codes.
- Just click on a faulty device in the rack and you'll be taken to the corresponding device snapshot page. This makes troubleshooting easier.