Network diagram software
As a business grows, its network expands in size and complexity. Increasing convolution impedes network management leading to unanticipated outages. Most businesses can't afford such unplanned downtime owing to the staggering overheads that come with it. Also, increase in network size makes it harder to troubleshoot faults as fault isolation becomes cumbersome.
Network visualization is one way by which businesses can improve their network management. Vivid visualization helps spot faults swiftly thereby helping avert network downtime. For effective visualization, businesses require a dedicated network diagram software that helps paint a clear picture of their entire network infrastructure.
Benefits of a network diagramming software
Network diagram software, a vital necessity for businesses would offer the following benefits if deployed:
- Obtain a geographical visualization of the network : A network diagram tool helps form a clear visual image of an organization's network spanning across geographical boundaries.
- Easily view the status of network devices: The color code schemes in a network diagram provide an at-a-glance view of the status of the network devices.
- Easy to identify & troubleshoot faults: An automatic network diagram software helps identify faults with precision and speed making troubleshooting seamless.
- Understand the criticality of network faults: Whenever a network fault occurs, a network diagram tool helps you to analyze the criticality of the fault by allowing the user to view the affected device and also the network devices that are connected to the affected device.
- A network architecture diagram enables better network forecasting and planning: Representing various components of the network such as routers, switches & rack servers in the form of a network diagram helps in planning your network architecture.
OpManager: A holistic network diagram tool
OpManager, a network diagram software helps represent your business's network infrastructure graphically for seamless visualization. OpManager's network diagram tool enables you to represent your network in a variety of formats like:
- Layer2 Maps
- Business views
- Virtual device topography diagrams
- 3-D floor views
- 3-D rack views
Layer2 Maps: A vital requisite of a network diagramming tool
OpManager's Layer2 Maps, a prominent feature of the network topology software helps you understand the underlying logical topology of your network by representing it diagrammatically.
This network diagramming software - Layer2 Maps has the following powerful attributes.
- Provides a better visualization of the physical topology of your network.
- Beneficial when a device in your network runs into issues - you can easily identify the devices and interfaces that will be affected.
- By using this network diagram map tool you can save the map as a business view and even export it as a Visio. You can also generate a printable version of the Layer2 Map.
- Layer2 devices get automatically mapped when a layer2 discovery is done. So you need not worry about creating / editing a Layer2 map every time a layer2 device is added / discovered.
Business Views: To map devices according to their associated business services
Create a network topography diagram for your network infrastructure using Business View because of all the ways you would visually classify the devices in your network, their business use is one of the most important.
Business view is a powerful network diagram tool in OpManager that allows you to visually organize the devices in your network based on the business needs that they cater to. With business views you can :
- Visually group devices that belong to a particular business.
- View live link status between two network devices.
- View the device details of all the individual devices in the business view from a single console.
- Drill down to the snapshot details of the individual devices in the business view in just a click.
- View network traffic from SNMP & netflow.
Maps - Visualize the critical devices in your network geographically
OpManager's map is a network diagram software tool which can be used to represent the location of your servers and other important devices geographically. Apart from this you can use the map tool to:
- Get a clear view of the geographical distribution of your network
- Embed critical network devices to their real world locations either using Google maps or Zoho maps.
- View the status of the devices in a particular geographical location in the map.
- Instantly view the device snapshots of the devices embedded on the map with just a click.
- Create a network map diagram on your user interface.
Virtual devices: Now under the scope of OpManager's network diagramming software
OpManager, the network diagram software automatically creates network diagrams (in the form of maps) for VMware VCenter, VM's, HyperV & Xen hypervisors and their guest & host machines. Our network diagramming software stores topology diagrams in the corresponding tabs under map menu for easy access.
3D floor views : Diagramatically represent the servers & switches in your network
A network diagram software helps with maintainance and management of servers. The 3D floor view, a standout feature of OpManager's network diagramming tool helps you simplify the server management process by diagrammatically visualizing the servers and switches in your network. With the 3-D floor view feature of OpManager's network diagramming tool, you can:
- Create 3D views of the switches and servers in each floor of your data center or server rooms.
- Obtain a visual image of your server floors / server rooms, thereby making it easier to identify probable locations while installing new servers or switches.
- View the status of the servers / switches in your floors / server rooms.
- Easily identify faulty servers / switches in your floors with the help of color codes.
3D Rack view: Granular visualization of devices via virtual racks
OpManage, the network diagram software also houses a 3D rack view feature. that enables you to create virtual racks either similar to the ones in your actual server room or custom racks that will help you in your network management process, and populate devices onto it.
This 3D rack view builder one of the network diagram tools in OpManager, makes your life as a network administrator simpler in the following ways:
- Creating a virtual 3D rack for a group of network devices serving a common business purpose helps you organize and manage them easily.
- 3D racks provide you a topographical visualization of a set of devices in the network. - You can populate devices to a virtual rack in a particular order - which provides greater understanding of the network architecture.
- 3D racks also allow you to visualize the racks in your datacenters in their exact physical arrangement. This makes data center management much easier.
- You can easily identify issues in the individual devices in these racks using color codes.
- Just click on a faulty device in the rack and you'll be taken to the corresponding device snapshot page. This makes troubleshooting easier.
To know more on how OpManager's online network diagram tool can help visualize your network, download a 30-day free trial or register for a demo.