The Log forwarding feature allows you to forward the logs collected from the configured sources to a designated cloud account.
- Configure forwarding policy
- Edit forwarding policy
- Enable and disable forwarding policy
- Delete forwarding policy
Configure forwarding policy:
- Go to Settings tab → Configuration → under Log Source Configuration → Log Forwarding.
- Click Configure Forwarding Policy.
- Enter a Policy Name and select the Cloud Account (or configure a Cloud Account by clicking on Configure Cloud Account), Bucket Name, Storage Class, and Encryption Type as required. Then click Configure.
- Once the Log Forwarding Policy is added successfully, the raw logs will be forwarded to the configured bucket in the path
'Log360CloudLogs/<accountId>/RawLogs/year=<year>/month=<month>/day=<day>/hour=<hour>/min=<(mins in multiples of 5)>/<logZipName>'. (The folder path will be formed based on UTC timezone)
- The customer will be charged accordingly from the cloud source account side for performing the below option for this feature in Log360Cloud
- For AWS, operations includes s3:PutObject, s3:GetObject, s3:CreateBucket, and s3:ListBucket.
- Log360Cloud will not be responsible for the data stored in the Cloud Source Account.
- The forwarding history can be viewed by clicking Details near Forwarded Data Size.
Edit forwarding policy:
- Click the Edit icon at the top-right of the policy details to edit the policy.
- Update the required values in the Edit page and click the Update button.
- The policy will be updated and the upcoming logs will be forwarding to the updated destination.
Enable and disable forwarding policy:
The toggle button near the Policy Name can be used to enable or disable the policy.
Note: Logs during this disabled period will not be forwarded again after enabling the policy.
Delete forwarding policy:
Click the Delete icon at the top right of the policy details to delete the policy.
Note: Deleting the policy won't delete the forwarded data in the cloud account.
: This feature will be available only for the Standard License Plan
. Click here
to know more on the licensing.