What is SysOID criteria and additional SysOID ?
To classify the device in a more precise manner, we can add multiple device identifiers, which are called additional SysOID.
Follow the below steps to add an additional SysOID:
- Go to Settings -> Device template -> Add template ( configuration tab)
- Specify the name for the device template, the vendor name, the category and the monitoring interval.
- Add the default/ base SysOID by entering the SysOID or quering the SysOID using Query device button if the SysOID is not known and click on the Add button
- To add an additional SysOID, enter the addtional SysOID in the device identifier field and click on the Add button
SysOID criteria can be used to set a custom OID which will help in further narrowing the classification of a device.
Follow the steps below to set a SysOID criteria:
- In the device template, click on the edit button next to the SysOID to which you want to set the SysOID criteria
- Select the criteria and the condition. In the last field, enter the custom OID/ System description to which the comparison must happen.
- Click on Add
- Now the SysOID criteria is set.
Note: You can set the SysOID criteria for each and every individual SysOID in the device template